America In Pictures: The Story of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America In Pictures: The Story of Life

Anybody else casth this outstandung documentary on BBC4?

If not, I thoroughly recommend checking it out on the BBC iPlayer.

“If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
    "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
    "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
    "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Re: America In Pictures: The Story of Life

I have it sky plused it Bob

Rankin seems obsessed by America, I imagine a case of "the grass is greener.........."

Trev

Comment

I know what you mean, Trev. But I do like his work....
      "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
      "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

Comment

Just watched it iplayer as I missed it last night, those photographers were in the thick of it in some instances. Well worth a look thanks for reminding me Bob.
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

those photographers were in the thick of it in some instances
          Yes in particular the war photographers, and those covering civil unrest during the civil right protests in America.
          There was also a guy who got to stay in the playboy mansion, that's the kind of "thick of it" I'd prefer.

I Noticed Rankin was toting one of those Lecia S3 cameras. Jeez with a camera that expensive, is it any wonder he takes great pics ? LOL

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
            I Noticed Rankin was toting one of those Lecia S3 cameras. Jeez with a camera that expensive, is it any wonder he takes great pics ? LOL

Trev
            I was more amazed that he was wandering around Manhattan with it and no one mugged him for it!!!! Hah..

Comment

Working...
            X