Inanimate Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inanimate Objects

Got myself a new 60D recently, its for my birthday really (15 December) but got it early. Anyway, just getting used to it, playing with settings etc. Not the best time of year for me for photography, out to work when its dark, home when its dark. I know I know, there are lots of things to do when its dark, but not that good yet. Anyway, find myself snapping photos around the house, messing with settings and such, sure we all do it at some point or other.

Really enjoying playing with the in camera editing, and settings. So, whilst sat watching TV took the following picture, the view of my coffee table, then played with some of the creative filters.

Thought I'd drop a few pics on here to show the effects, not the best examples, but quite liked the varying colours, textures etc. There are of course varying settings with each filter, which accentuates the effect, these are middle of the road settings.

Normal

Inanimate Normal by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr
    60D, 1/15 @ f/5.0, ISO 3200, 17-85mm @38mm.

Toy Camera

Inanimate Toy by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr

Minature

Inanimate Minature by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr

Grainy B/W

InanimateGrain B/W by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Inanimate Objects

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Its the only way to learn. I did the same, with the manual open, and snapped away indoors.
      Now youre ready for those crisp winter days ahead...enjoy
      PS...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Comment

Er, the earings, yours?
        The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Originally posted by JaKS_Foto View Post
          Er, the earings, yours?
          Only at weekends, the rest of the week my daughter wants them!
          Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

It's good to experiment, it's the best way to learn.
            Enjoy your new toy

Comment

I think we must all do this, nice camera, there should be some good photo opertunites coming up in the next few weeks, enjoy.

Ray

Comment

Working...
              X