Does any one know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does any one know?

Hi! another of my photos appeared in Round 120 of the Daily Telegraph weekly travel competition. I do not know how to uplift it from the telegraph page on to the forum- Nature photography. I note that amongst the blurb thee are e.mail links as well as to facebook etc but I don't know how to do it. On the other hand if any member cares to, he/she could go to www.telegraph.co.uk/the big picture

This will bring up the screen with the various rounds. We are on Round 182 now but if you scroll down to round 120, my photo appears as No. 10 out of best 20. A photo of a crane.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Does any one know?

Do you mean like this Nathaniel?

BlackRatCrane.jpg

I copied the file from the website and Saved for Web in PE8 and uploaded from my hard-disk
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Yes,thats it. Well done Bob. Is it possible to tranfer it with the blurb on to the nature section- birds, with all the blurb. It is only an ecouragement to other newbies that they can improve their photographic skills by getting help from forum members.

Once again, many thanks.

Nathaniel
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Is that a Heron as opposed to a crane?
        Whichever, it's a great pic.

Comment

Cracking picture Nathaniel you should do very well with it. Good Luck.
          Cheers
          Treff

Comment

I believe it is heron although DT calls it a crane. Treff this photo was sent to the Daily telegraph and was placed 10th of 20 best photos of the week. You might like to look at round 120. My lion photo appeared in round 68- placed 5th out of 25.

Comment

Nat - nice bird photo. Well done getting published.

Comment

Well done, Nat. It does look like a heron doesn't it, but perhaps a bit bigger.

Cheers

Ian
                EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Nice picture Nathaniel, where did you take it?
                  Col

Comment

Thanks guys for all your comments. Goes to show that the forum helps and I am never afraid to give credit where it is due. Take a bow Robert!
                    I took the photo in Slimbridge, the Wetlands centre.I am sure I have a greater affinitiy with wild life than perhaps with human beings where photography goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nathaniel,

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                      ......Is it possible to tranfer it with the blurb on to the nature section- birds, with all the blurb. I
                      If you left-click the image in my post, it will enlarge on your screen. If you then right-click that image, there is an option to 'Save picture as...'. Save it to your 'My Pictures' folder (or any other location) and you should then be able to upload it from there to wherever you want within this, and any other website..

If you prefer, PM me your email address and I will respond with the file as an attachment.

Bob
                      Bob Turner
                      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

See PM

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                          See PM
                          Nothing in my Inbox Nathaniel?
                          Bob Turner
                          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Working...
                          X