Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 Free Wildlife Photography e-book - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Wildlife Photography e-book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Wildlife Photography e-book

DPReview are doing another 24-hour giveaway...

IMHO it's an okay read, so worth the 12MB download.
    John

Re: Free Wildlife Photography e-book

John - thanks for the link... downloaded the e-book, so I'll have a read at my leisure!

Cheers. All the best, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

John, another thanks also downloaded the file

Comment

Thank you, downloaded this, will read later.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

BTW I do like his point about framing to allow room for adding some text over the image. (Yes, he shoots Nikon, poor soul, but 99% of the book is equally relevant to us Canon-o-philes...)

(He also likes the theory I use for fast-moving real-world photography - shoot first, crop later... gotta like people who agree with you ;-)

Oh, and it's 237 pages, so a lengthy read. Plus I'm guessing the image on page 130 looks the way it does largely due to the use of some iffy Nikon glass... the guy should really upgrade to some lighter shade of grey lenses :-)

Actually the best thing to come from this is if people compare Canon cameras' pre-shot histograms with whatever raw latitude you get (i.e. are blown highlights in the histogram actually blown in a raw file within X stops in camera Y). See the last paragraph on page 29 (again remembering he shoots Nikon).
          Last edited by DrJon; 18-12-2011, 17:48.

Comment

Thank You for the link, appreciated.

Comment

D'Oh! Missed it.

Would some kind soul email me a copy?
              Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Anyone?
                Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Working...
                X