Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the Android App to control Their Eos ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using the Android App to control Their Eos ?

Has anyone used the Android App yet to control their Eos Camera ?
    dpreview
    Android Market
    Seems like a good idea , unfortunately i've gone the Blackberry route but hopefully they might get around to one when the next OS comes out for the Playbook .

Edit - I should add that in saying unfortunately i'm not regretting buying Blackberry , i love my phone and Playbook just unfortunate that they haven't got the app yet and the Playbook isn't USB host compliant at the moment . I've used the Playbook to display my photos on an HD telly via the hdmi out and the results were stunning !
    Last edited by Gordon_H; 30-12-2011, 12:24.
    Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Re: Anyone using the Android App to control Their Eos ?

Thanks for the heads up on that ... might give it a go on my Wildfire S.

Comment

If I can find a cheap adapter or cable I will give it a go with the free trigger release first. How annoying are all these different connectors? OK so micro usb is becoming more the norm but the camera has a mini and they all only ever have a standard usb on the other end. Not too keen on paying out (even if it is only a fiver) for something that is going to have bugs, despite the carrot of a free upgrade when they finally get it to work.
      TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
        Thanks for the heads up on that ... might give it a go on my Wildfire S.
        Unfortunately I don't think your phone is up to it. It appears to need a 1Ghz device and seems to work with tablets and the Samsung Galaxy S2.
        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

o i remember the day when people just used the phone for talking to people . before said people needed a phone to do everything inc wash the pots and wipe there rear end lol . then when they lose the phone there life comes to an end .

Comment

Great Idea but @ £5.22 for Beta Software i think i will be giving it a miss, i work in the software industry and that should be free while its in BETA.
            EOS 7D, Canon 24-105 EF , Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM OS, 430EX II , Canon 17-55 2.8

Comment

Working...
            X