Photographic Smartphone Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographic Smartphone Apps

After reading Gordon'd thread I was just wondering if there are any other photography apps that people are using?

One that I like is Sun Surveyor Lite, it's a freebie that uses your phones gps/compass to tell you when and where the sun will set and rise at any given location like the Dubois Sun Compasses you can buy.

Others that I have are HDR camera which is basic but worth a play with the phones camera. Flickr, Photobucket, TP and Photoshop Express. Whilst these aren't directly applicable to SLR photography they are still possibly worth a play. Anyone know of any others?

p.s. Happy New Year. Hope it stops raining soon or the only photo journal I will be doing is homebuild an ark!
    TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Re: Photographic Smartphone Apps

On my Nexus S I have;

Camera Zoom FX, Neat camera with Stability function to help reduce the effect of camera shake
    Paper camera, Good fun with some very clever effects.
    Panoramio, Googles own GPS tagging thing.
    Adobe Photoshop Express, Free photoedting from Adobe that's rather good.
    Vignette another camera with some features not found in Zoom FX & recently update also has an antishake option.
    Sundroid Pro, Comprehensive Sun/Moon rise/set app
    Photo Tools Pro, lots of tools for photography, DOF calc etc...
    Flickr for my on-line stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47830258@N08/

Comment

I've got 'Simple DOF' on the iPhone. Just enter the settings like distance to subject and aperture and it it gives you the distance in front and behind the subject that will be in focus. As a newbie I find this useful.
      I also have the Adobe PS Express. Also have an app called 'Canon Buddy' which gives you information about the lenses available. Unfortunately the prices quoted are in dollars.

Comment

My most useful one is Expositor on the iPhone, by a long way. I also bought a Depth-of-Field calculator called DoF Calc, but don't use it all that much.

Before I had a 4S I also used to use TrueHDR to help in awkward lighting on my 3GS, I'll have to compare it to the native HDR I have now.

I have Snapseed and YouSpin too, which can be fun but again don't get much use. (Also some others that almost never get used. Including DSLRemote, which again is a fun toy but i don't really use, although I might at some point.)

I'm not including bar-code scanners and general document scanner apps, as I think they are off-topic.

John

Comment

I have DOF calc (but tend to mess about till I get what I want anyway) I also have the PDF version of the manual on my phone. I tend to download something and play with it a bit then remove it.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Have found some interesting apps for my Playbook , slr for setting up studio lighting , focal range calculator and a strange little one called film bounce light .
            Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

Just Flickr on my Wildfire S (But I prefer my tablet for Flickr).

Comment

Working...
              X