Screen Protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Protectors

Are they necesscary and if so which for a 7D ? I've read that Canon already fit one when the camera is built but I cracked a screen on a G9 and it cost £90 to replace
    So advice please !!
    Thanks
    Graham
    Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Re: Screen Protectors

Thats a good question. I always fit one (Giottos) but really only as insurance. Changing a broken screen is very easy and cheap and there are lots of vids on uTube showing you how to do it

Comment

I have always fitted screen protectors on all my cameras. Yes, more as a form of insurance and I am quite happy with them.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Graham

On my 7D I use a Gen III GGS LCD Glass Screen Protector which costs £9.89 on eBay (Here).
        There are no adhesives and it can be taken off at any time with no damage to the original screen or camera.
        A small but worthwhile investment.

10003798.jpg

Comment

Yes I heard that some cannot be removed once fitted.

I use a mobile phone adhesive screen. Easy to remove once it's past it's sell by date.
          The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
            Hi Graham

On my 7D I use a Gen III GGS LCD Glass Screen Protector which costs £9.89 on eBay (Here).
            There are no adhesives and it can be taken off at any time with no damage to the original screen or camera.
            A small but worthwhile investment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5117[/ATTACH]

Graham - I have one of these in the cupboard at home, if you want it drop me a PM with your address and I will send it out to you on Monday FOC.

I prefer the GGS stick on ones. always fit from day one, for me it's that little extra protection especially whilst climbing over barriers / bales etc whilst track side not to mention the flying debris.

.DAVID.
            Last edited by David Stallard; 13-01-2012, 12:14.
            Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

I also use a glass protector on my LCD screens and whenever I sold my camera bodies I sold it with the protector in place- the same as I'd do when selling a lens with a UV filter; I give the filter along with the lens.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I don't use anything.

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  I don't use anything.

Colin
                  is there a reason why you don't use anything Colin, just curious.

Comment

I have heard that replacement of the original screen protecter is quite easy. Here is a thread about it from POTN.

I have not yet got round to getting them for my Canon bodies, but I have a set of Acmaxx protectors on my P****x. They were easy to install and have lasted over two years so far without a scratch. I ordered them directly from the wensite and they took about 10 days to arrive from China.
                    Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

I've always found the Canon SLR screens plenty tough enough, plus prefer to get the best view of the image on the screen I can, so don't bother with a protector. I may be gentler on the kit than some people though, so no promises it'll work for you.

Comment

Many thanks for all the the replys

Graham
                        Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

There was a time when you could order a complete Canon rear screen kit for a £10 plus some postage. That included the sucker to remove the old and replace the new screen.

With that in mind, I couldn't see the value of paying £30 for an additional glass screen to protect the existing glass screen. I am assuming the kit is still available and for the latest bodies.

Colin
                          Last edited by colin C; 15-01-2012, 01:09.
                          Colin

Comment

Working...
                          X