Canon 7d with Grip-Simply Electronics-£1023.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 7d with Grip-Simply Electronics-£1023.00

Simply Electronics, has anyone bought from them ?? Offering a 7d with Canon grip for £1023 .00, grip is priced at £119.00 which Jessops offered me the same but that puts the camera at £904 new, I just paid Jessops £1100 ! Are they UK based ?

Graham
    Last edited by Longshot; 12-01-2012, 23:32.
    Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Re: Canon 7d with Grip-Simply Electronics-£1023.00

Simply are HK based. I had a bad time with them taking money and not delivering. I did eventually get my money back after several phone calls to the right people

I wouldn't recommend them
    ef-r

Comment

Thanks, give them a miss I think.
      Graham
      Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

I have bought lots of photographic equipment from Simply Electronics and has been very good.
        There was another company of the same name (but different web address) a few years ago that were terrible, that company disappeared.
        Delivery takes about 7 working days and equipment is top spec.

Comment

Guy at work ordered a 1d mk4 from them just before Christmas - cancelled the order after reading all the reviews of them and they still haven't refunded the money yet.

Amazon have a good selection of real reviews HERE Personally I wouldn't even buy a postage stamp from them.

.DAVID.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

A mate of mine ordered a Nikon from them, then cancelled the order - 34 days to get the refund. He was VERY panicky.... Just be aware...
            “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
            "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
            "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
            "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

I have bought one item from their UK branch,recently, and it was excellent. The item was brand new, well packed etc.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
                Amazon have a good selection of real reviews HERE .
                Those reviews date to 2009 and I believe relate to the company that used the same name, that company went bust a while ago.
                I have never seen SimplyElectronics advertise on Amazon.

Just looking at Amazon (and I only buy direct from Amazon themselves) would you buy a Canon 10-22mm lens for £1331.85 and free postage from AltecWeb?
                Twice the price of WEX. There are some dodgy names on Amazon.

Comment

Ive heard a lit of negative things about simply so would touch them with a barge pole.

Comment

YOu are probably speaking about the HK based company. there is a UK based company of the same name and I have found them very good. No problem at all.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

If it goes OK that is fine - it is when it goes wrong it becomes a big problem.

The reason they quote 7 days delivery is because they come in from HK - I wonder if the warrantee is valid in the UK or whether they sent it back to HK?
                      ef-r

Comment

Sorry Nat - not according to Companies House. There was a company called Simply Electronics LTD but they were dissolved three years ago having never filed an account.
                        Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

If you click on www.simplyelectronics.co.uk you can see the company I have mentioned. Unless we have confused the names, I have bought goods from them and they have been first class.

Comment

Definately NOT a UK registered company. From your link -

Simply Electronics Ltd is a leading international retailer serving customers in the UK, Europe, US, and Australia from our headquarters in Hong Kong. We stock all your favourite and well-known electronic brands, covering a vast product base that ranges from small memory cards, to next generation tablets and high end photographic equipment.
                            and the consensus of opinion on the net is that they are far from "leading".
                            Last edited by Oggie; 27-01-2012, 22:50.
                            Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
                              Definately NOT a UK registered company. From your link -

and the consensus of opinion on the net is that they are for from "leading".
                              You are absolutely right OGGIE, hence my pevious post

Comment

Working...
                              X