Vari angle LCD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vari angle LCD's

I find the vari anlge LCD screens a great help esp when photographing the insides of buildings i.e churches and similar. However, due to the rather delicate nature of these screens, I do not fold them back into,in their closed position, their recess until I have finished photographing for the day. During the day the LCD screen is in the recess in it's open position just like any fixed LCD screen. My reason is that frequent lifting and turning this screen tends to result in it snapping off; more so when you know that you cannot turn it round in one direction but must always follow one and only one pattern when you turn in round either to bring it out of it's recess or to put it back in it's recess.

I have a friend who accidentally snapped his vari angle screen on his 600d when he tried to turn it the wrong way round.
    I also know that this screen has snapped off in other non Canon models as well.

Has any member suffered this misfortune with either the 600d or the 60d?

Regards
    Nathaniel
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 13-01-2012, 14:57.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Vari angle LCD's

Hmm, worrying. I'm hoping the suspected 5D Mk111 has a vari screen, hope that don't snap off!

Me won't be happy
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Re: Vari angle LCD's

Iv'e had my 60d for over a year now and with over 4000 pictures clocked up on it I have never felt that the screen could snap off. I guess with rough handling the hinge could be broken but care should always be taken with such expensive electronics. The way I look at it is that when closed the screen is well protected so I only turn it around when I'm reviewing pictures or using the live view mode.

Comment

Working...
      X