Uploading larger images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uploading larger images

I use Photobucket as well and have had no problems- advice received from CF some time ago. Thanks Coda for explaining photobucket is such vivid detail. I am printing it out for my file just in case I forget the steps/procedure. Very well illustrated.
    I also find editing,before posting, on photobucket easier than anywhere else

Nathaniel
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 28-07-2010, 09:17.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hello Again, Apologies if I am being a bit thick, I have just posted some more photo's on the Sports thread and was looking to reduce the size as shown on here, I altered the size to small on Photobucket, thinking that would influence the size when looked at on the forum, obviously not as they show as the same size as last time, as Colin said they will require those with small screens to scroll across to view which I know is annoying.
      Therefore my question is how do I change the size when posting to the 800px on the long side???
      Once again apologies for my IT limitations, but my Classic MG does win prizes in Concourse Competitions!!! and I can Fly Radio Controlled Model Jets.
      Paul

Comment

I change the size of my images I intend to post in CS3 photoshop,

Coda
        There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

View From Pike Of Blisco
          ===============
          Flickr works in much the same way ... I hope ... I'm still trying ...

To Download : Click to download.

Well that's halfway there me thinks.

btw: Not an EOS picture ... taken with my G10 and stiched with Microsoft ICE. Very little post processing.
          Last edited by MX5; 31-07-2010, 18:39.

Comment

Robert any change that this could be made a sticky????

Comment

just bringing this back up

Coda
              There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Shame we can't make it a sticky.

Comment

Here are my first two attempts of close up. Gordo

Comment

Just bringing this back up for any new members

Comment

Bringing this back up

Coda

Comment

I managed to upload an image from Photobucket following Codachrome's advice and resized it to x800 on the longest side, but when it arrived in my post it looked quite blurry - nothing like the original. It may have been something I did wrong, but I had to delete it because I didn't think it did the photo justice.
                        Has anyone any observations on this please?

Thanks

Deva
                        EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Hi Deva you may well find that you have to add a lot of additional sharpening and possibly contrast to get over the loss of detail and clarity when posting from Photobucket. I have also suffered with this

Comment

Thanks Muscat. I will give it another try.

Deva
                            EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Deva,
                              Have youi tried using Photobucket to post images on the forum. If you are interested send a PM to Canon Fodder who helped me to get this right.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                                Shame we can't make it a sticky.
                                Sticky Wow! did I read it right
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

Working...
                                X