Theme for July / August - Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme for July / August - Water

I thought that it was about time I returned to the fray and set a new theme for July and August.

My theme is water. There is no restriction at all on the type, where it is, the form it takes or how you show it so what you take and the interpretation is wholly up to you. It would be good to see some inventive and imaginative shots!

The basics (I have taken the liberty of amended some of the wording a little to help encourage participation)
    • This is not a competition, it is purely for fun
    • All photos should be your own and taken within the period of the theme (to encourage the taking of new photos)
    • You can post as many times and as many photos as you wish
    • Everyone is very welcome to comment on the photos
    • Please include EXIF data if possible (not essential but is requested to help other members)
    • All entries to be shot with a Canon EOS camera either film or digital, SLR, DLSR, M or R series (any make of lens can be used)
    Good luck!

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Cholmondeley Gardens
    small water fall/feature (very small really)

ISO 100
    F22
    1"
    Eos 40D
    ​​​​​​EF 50mm f1.8

No ND filters used
    IMG_0909 (1).jpg

Comment

Small it might be Nath but it’s still a very nice pic, the long exposure works well. A lovely pic.

Ian
      Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian I liked how it seems to be almost hidden away by the trees surround it.

Comment

At the moment it's P---ing Down
          1671 - P---ing Down 1671140723 by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Makes for some nice clean windows Trev, or are you following my footsteps?

Comment

Super Trev, It's doing exactly the same here!

Ian
              Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                Makes for some nice clean windows Trev, or are you following my footsteps?
                David, Someone who I won’t name said to me ‘Don’t stand there photographing them, clean them.
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Couple taken from a little river that runs through Lochranza Campsite on the Isle of Arran. I like the way the water was flowing over the rocks so captured 1 long exposure and 1 normal.

I also edited these on Canon DPP... today was my first time using it and not sure how to use it really. I do find Lightroom slightly easier however I'm going to persevere with it and see how i get on. Don't think it helps i am using an older version (3.1.1) i think it said (2007) as i tried to download the latest from canon and when i put my camera model in, it said it was only available on the software disc that came with the camera. luckily i had that and installed it, but it does seem old and complicated. any advice on how to update would be appreciated.

All taken on Eos 40D with sigma 18-50 f3.5 lens

IMG_2725 1.jpg

F22, ISO 100 and 0.8 seconds 30mm focal length

IMG_2719 1.jpg

F5.6 ISO400 1/100th focal length 50mm

Last edited by NathCarr91; 30-07-2023, 14:13.

Comment

Excellent pics Nath, especially the first, I like the colours

When I've updated DPP I've gone to the Canon page, selected the update and put in the camera model and serial number and it downloads the latest.

Ian
                    Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian! I actually tried the first one in mono but then decided colour was better. Glad I stuck with it.

I'll have a look into that then, I'm assuming the latest version lets you apply radial and linear filters for localized adjustments. I haven't seen it anywhere on the earlier version

Comment

Originally posted by Farider View Post
                        Excellent pics Nath, especially the first, I like the colours

When I've updated DPP I've gone to the Canon page, selected the update and put in the camera model and serial number and it downloads the latest.

Ian
                        Same here, I just double checked it using my 40D serial number and it happily downloaded version 4.17.20 which is for Win 11 & 10 (64bit) though older or 32 bit versions seem to be limited to earlier versions of DPP4. Furthermore Windows 7 seems to be the oldest for which DPP is available on the Canon support site. Similarly for Mac OS X 10.9 appears to be the oldest for which any version of DPP4 is available.
                        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Were it not for the sake of 6 hours one of these pics would certainly been an ideal entrant for David's new challenge, they were taken at lunchtime on the same day!

I took a walk by the river and by good fortune was there at the same time that one of the Dutton amphibious cars was taking a trip, it's rare to see it, the last time I saw one was 4 years ago at the regatta. The company is based by the river and is apparently up for sale.

You haven't got any really close up pics as I just had a 100mm lens on and he was the other side of the river, and making a considerable noise too I might add. Anyway I was very lucky to arrived at just the right time.

1 A quick drive along the river by Ian, on Flickr

2 A bit further to go by Ian, on Flickr

3 And back on to hard ground by Ian, on Flickr

4 And away we go by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
                          Ian

Comment

Great set of photos, amazing to see either a car driving along in the water or a boat driving up on dry land!
                            With rising water levels vehicles would be ideal to help with rescues I assume.

Shame about the timing but glad you’ve posted the photos.

Rose.

Comment

I may have already mentioned that I have not been out much recently due to various renovation work in my house, today I had a few hours free so took the opportunity for an early walk. Here are the photos of the sea this morning.
                              Rose

water 1 by Rose, on Flickr

water 2 by Rose, on Flickr

Water 3 making waves by Rose, on Flickr

Water 4 by Rose, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X