Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seascapes OK

Hi All,
    Have been an EOS user since early 90s, slide, B&W, favourite film model EOS 10. Bought 5D mark I in 2006, got very frustrated with the amount of dust adhering to the sensor (resulting in the low pass filter coating wearing off with repeated cleaning, don't recommend the wet swabs method!) and bought a mark II as a result in 2009, the self-cleaning function is great. Otherwise both are great to use (but why couldn't the shutter on the Mark II be as quiet as the Mark I?).
    Camera club member, help to run the Southampton International Exhibition of Photography, my own work is largely landscape, especially seascape (is that a contradiction?), with a bit of garden photography thrown in. I like using prime lenses, not only for the quality but for the different approach to composition they engender. But landscape is not popular in the exhibition circuit just now.
    I don't do enough with my photos after the taking stage - I would love to find an outlet for them in which they can be presented in panels, in a non-competitive arena. Still weeding 2010 pictures. Not long bought a Pixma 9500 mark II to get the best available print longevity (hopefully!), not really tested it thoroughly yet but the prints are nice.

Re: Seascapes OK

Hi, welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing some of your photos on here.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Hello Alan and welcome to the EOS Forum.

It's strange to recall how dust was so much of a problem.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Hi Alan another welcome to the forum

Comment

Hi Alan, and another welcome to the forum from me.

Comment

Hi and welcome Alan.
            “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
            http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Hi Alan it's another welcome to the forum.

Ray

Comment

Hi Alan, Welcome.
                The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Working...
                X