Hello very one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello very one

Hi its been over one your now since , I started to use canon I have 1100d and wounder if anyone can help me out , I ve been try to take close up photos of birds in cage but the wire always show , was told that you can use different lens so wire doesnt show is this posible . Thanks for any help

Re: Hello very one

Hello Benjamin.

I am going to use some assumptions here and if I am incorrect, please let me know and I will try again.

If you use the 1100d on one of the auto modes for exposure, P or the green square, the camera may be giving you too much depth of field, which means that a lot more of the picture will be in focus than you want, including the bars of the cage. If you move the dial to Av, you can alter the aperture and control what you need, probably f4 if you have a kit lens. With f4 set, move the lens as close to the bars as possible, so that you can still have the birds in sharp focus and take the shot. When you examine the shot, the birds should be sharp and the bars almost non existent.

It may be that you can't get close enough to fade out the cage. If so a macro lens will help, but they are rather expensive, so an alternative would be either a close up lens to screw to the front of your lens, or an extension tube to go between the camera and your lens. Both will allow you to get closer to the bars and give you a smaller depth of field. If you are going to concentrate on photographing birds in cages, a macro lens is the best long term solution.

Hope that helps.
    Colin

Comment

Hi Benjamin

Get as close to the wire as possible and focus on the subject. Hopefully this will render the wire "out of focus" as Colin has explained above.
      I have also placed my lens in the centre of the wire grid and taken photos. Get close and focus on the subject even if you have to use manual focus. If some wire is still showing then just crop it out.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Colin & Stephen has given you some good advise. Welcome to the forum Benjamin

Tom

Comment

Thankyou very much colin I did just changed setting to macro but some times bars of cage shows other time ok will try other controls you have advised than you very much

Ben

Comment

thanks will try

Comment

Thanks tom

Comment

Working...
              X