Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Peter from central Scotland

Hello all,

This is my first post, virgin here........haha.

Been into photography for many years, cut my teeth mainly shooting with manual Nikon FM2n and a FM bodies etc, have experience in the past with these formats;
    Toyo 5x4 - Bronica 6x6 - Mamiya RB67 - Mamiya C330s - Yashica-Mat 124G - Rolliecord etc....

The past two years I've been using a Canon EOS 5D Mk1 body, in a few weeks time I'm changing to a Canon EOS 5D Mk2.
    I presently use these photographic lenses;
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 MkII - Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L - Samyang 35mm f/1.4 - Helios 44/2 58mm

I've been shooting a lot of floral photography for well over a year now, semi-abstract at times, but want to focus (excuse the pun) on landscape photography next.

I'm also into motorcycling, been riding bikes for 30+ years, did my first European bike trip last September for two weeks, mainly in/around Austria and Switzerland - utterly beautiful. Been riding a Suzuki V-Strom DL1000 for nearly five years, love it.

Sorry to bore you all about me, I hope to get posting images here as soon as possible. Pleasure chatting.....!

Regards;
    Peter
    central Scotland

Re: Hi, Peter from central Scotland

Welcome to the Forum Peter
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Hi Peter and Welcome

Alloa, eh? Brewery Country
      Bob Turner
      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Peter

Tom

Comment

Hi and Welcome to the Forum Peter
          The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Hello Peter and welcome.

Doug.
            Cameras... 7D, 350D
            Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
            Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Hello Peter and welcome to the forum.
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by macvisual View Post
                Hello all,

This is my first post, virgin here........haha.

Been into photography for many years, cut my teeth mainly shooting with manual Nikon FM2n and a FM bodies etc, have experience in the past with these formats;
                Toyo 5x4 - Bronica 6x6 - Mamiya RB67 - Mamiya C330s - Yashica-Mat 124G - Rolliecord etc....

The past two years I've been using a Canon EOS 5D Mk1 body, in a few weeks time I'm changing to a Canon EOS 5D Mk2.
                I presently use these photographic lenses;
                Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 MkII - Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L - Samyang 35mm f/1.4 - Helios 44/2 58mm

I've been shooting a lot of floral photography for well over a year now, semi-abstract at times, but want to focus (excuse the pun) on landscape photography next.

I'm also into motorcycling, been riding bikes for 30+ years, did my first European bike trip last September for two weeks, mainly in/around Austria and Switzerland - utterly beautiful. Been riding a Suzuki V-Strom DL1000 for nearly five years, love it.

Sorry to bore you all about me, I hope to get posting images here as soon as possible. Pleasure chatting.....!

Regards;
                Peter
                central Scotland
                Well Peter, you havent bored me! What an interesting camera and lens selection. Love to see some results from the samyang. & Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum. It's a grand place. I look forward to seeing some of your images soon,

Garry
                  Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                  Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing some of your images soon!
                    See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your photos on here.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Hello Peter and welcome.

Bill.
                        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Hi Peter, nice to have you with us.
                          Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                          http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                          https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Welcome. You will get good advice plus lots of chatting with humour- hurts my sides sometimes laughing. Just look at "Excuses,Excuses" on the EOS pub thread!
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Peter it's another welcome to the forum, and your intro was far from boring.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                              X