Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Sheffield

Hello everyone

I'm knew to the forum, and also recently bought a Cannon EOS 60D which is new to me too. I've been using the olympus E-520 for the last four years. I've only got the camera on Tuesday steep learning curve, lost of features :). Going on Holiday to Greece hoping to take some good shots. Any tips on the Cannon would be great. I've taken some test photo's in the Garden very impressed with it. Using a Tamaron 18 - 200mm for my holiday snaps.

Regards
    Kevin
    Cannon EOS 60D | Tamron AF 18-200 mm F3.5 - F6.3 Di-II | Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro

Re: Hello from Sheffield

Hi Kevin, welcome to forum. As fellow 60D owner I can say you've got good piece of equipment. As you say lots of features best to start posting some images and you'll get some helpful advice.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Hi and welcome Kevin, great choice of camera :)

Tip wise, keep ISO at 1,600 or lower, get yourself a gridded focussing screen (£25 on eBay) to keep those horizons straight, buy yourself a flashgun, and use the articulated screen to get some cool angles on familiar subjects.
      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Hello Kevin and welcome to forum.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Hello Kevin, welcome to the forum.

Bill.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Hi Kevin and welcome.

Doug.
            Cameras... 7D, 350D
            Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
            Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum.

Tom

Comment

Hello Kevin and welcome to forum.
                The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Hello all thanks for the warm welcome to the forum, I best get snapping away, hopefully I'll have some interesting photo's from my holiday once I return. Also thanks for the tips too. Is there any particular flashgun I should get?

I leave today for my holiday but will catch up with you all on my return.
                  Regards
                  Kevin
                  Cannon EOS 60D | Tamron AF 18-200 mm F3.5 - F6.3 Di-II | Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro

Comment

Welcome, look forward to seeing your holiday shots when you get back,

Garry
                    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Hello Kevin and welcome to the forum. Wayne.
                      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Hi kev

Comment

Hello, welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing the photos when you come back from your holidays.
                          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Hello Kevin, welcome to the forum.

TomB.
                            Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
                            L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Comment

Welcome to the forum from me too Kevin
                              Peter

Feel free to browse my
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
                              X