Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All

Evening all,

Just a brief introduction, have joined the forum as I am looking to buy a Canon eos M3.... maybe with the kit lenses or whatever works out to be best for me... it would be my first venture into using a digital interchangable lensed Canon camera... last time I used a SLR was year ago using a Olympus Om10.... gives some an idea of my age if nothing else....

Main interests include: deatailing cars, cycling, and F1...

I am looking for advice on just what lenses I will need and of course any tips hints and quick fixes on using the M3...

Obviously being based in central England, there will be very few coastal shots unless its a visit to the North Wales coast,

I have in the past used a Canon g7, and also have a Sony A5000 that goes with me when we are travelling.... which I am hoping will be made redundant when I purchase the M3.... I did look at getting a DSLR but went off the idea as I do like to take the odd " moment" pic and feel that a lot of people shy away when they see someone waving a big lump of camera around...

So to recap, any info re the M3 ... appreciated... and go easy on me .... I am nigh on a newbie when it comes to photograpy...

Cheers

Tez...

Re: Hi All

Welcome to the forum Tez. I have both the original M and the M3. I also got the adapter so I can also use the my EF and EF-S lenses. The 2 - main lens that I use on the M3 is the EF-M 18-55mm and with the adapter, the EF-S 10-18. Those are the 2 I would recommend for the type of photography you described. As for using the M3 for F1, maybe of a challenge as the autofocus is not as quick as a DLSR.

Tom

Comment

Hi and welcome Tez
      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Welcome, get involved and you will learn loads.
        Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

Thanks guys for the warm welcome

Thanks Tom for the advice on your set up.... thats just the sort of info I was looking for....

Understand your concerns re F1... but I only follow it via the T.V. as for me its extremely expensive to follow it around the world... hi...

I suppose my passion really is classic cars.... living 12 miles from the home of Rolls Royce and Bentley, I do have a few friends who work on these very expensive cars for a living... and also being only 10 miles from the Peak district, I am lucky to be able to attend shows and get togethers... normally at the local pub...
          I also have a couple of classics myself so hence the hobby of detailing... talk about OCD... it gets under your skin... but at least my gear is kept in good order... lol...

Cheers guys

Tez

Comment

Welcome to the forum Tez, you are in the right place for getting great help and advice.

Comment

Working...
            X