Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Cheshire

Hi
    This is my first post having found out about the forum a few weeks ago.

I have been using Canon cameras since my parents bought me an AE1 to replace my Zenit E back in the mid 1970's. I worked my way up the range ending up with an A1, T90 and an A1 waterproof compact. My T90 finally started playing up earlier this year and a couple of the lens got internal fungus neither could be repaired, both were over 30 years old. So I decided to get a DSLR to go with the Canon G12 my wife bought me for my 50th. After trying many different cameras I decided on an EOS 6d as that was as close to the T90 as I could find. I didn't like mirror less cameras at all, the electronic view finder seems so false. I'm very happy with the EOS 6d even for the sport that my daughter does (rowing). The quality of the photos is really good and when I find how to post a photo or two I will.
    Enjoying photography again!

Cheers

Chris

Re: Hello from Cheshire

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum, you will really like it here. When you do start to upload photos, it is best to use Flickr as it is the best way

Comment

Welcome to the forum Chris, most people on here tend to host their images on Flickr and then link to them when creating a thread on the forum. You can upload direct to the forum but doing so seems to result in soft images. I shall look forward to seeing your images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Welcome Chris. I also started with an AE1 but pleased technology moved on! Look forward to seeing some of your images.
        Andrew

Comment

Hi Chris, and welcome.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Hi and welcome ,not to far away from you in flint

Comment

Very welcome Chris. Not too far away from me.
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 19-10-2016, 22:00.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Chris

Tom

Comment

Welcome Chris,

Another 6D user, born and raised in Cheshire now in South Nottinghamshire.

Great forum with lots of helpful chat.

Bob
                  Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Chris's, not been on here long myself, but you will find the most helpful bunch ever on this forum. I have tested their patience and they still reply with great helpful replies, so welcome.

Comment

Welcome Chris

It's all been said by others: post via Flickr and ask lots of questions should you need to.

Cheers,
                      John

Comment

Thanks for all the welcome messages

This is my first attempt to post from Flickr, so I hope it works

Rowing by Stackman1, on Flickr

Picture of my daughter rowing, a couple of days after getting the camera, using the fully automatic mode

Comment

Looks good Chris, I like the Manchester Victoria shot of the trams. Use to live in Prestwich so used the trams a lot, plus I see they have changed colour too.

Comment

The image via flickr is good.
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                            X