Hello from Warmington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Warmington

Hi all, Paul from Warmington, Northants here (please note - not Walmington On Sea!). Recommended to this forum by a fellow Canon snapper to get an answer to a current software editing issue I have (see different thread). I have been using Canon equipment since buying my first DSLR (used Nikon on film). Started with an EOS 350 which was still doing good service until a few months ago when I passed it on to a DSLR beginner. Upgraded to a 40D about 8 years ago which is still doing good service, and now have a new 80D which is excellent. Never had any issues with any of them. I started as a school sports photographer in the days of Kodak Tri-X B&W after my dad was a keen amateur on 35mm slides. Shot quite a bit of F1 back in the days of Senna and early Schumacher when you would get 36 pictures back from BonusPrint or wherever and find 30 of them only had half a car! Seriously, I have actually got a lot of good F1 action shots from that era which I must get around to digitising, like my Dad's slides.

Now I shoot mostly wildlife (which means mainly birds in the UK but bigger stuff in Wyoming) and landscapes - some US examples and a recent local buzzard are shown below.

I use the 40D with an 18-200 EF-S lens and the 80D with my beloved EF 100-400 L USM, now with a 1.4 extender which works (anyone wanting a 2X extender ping me - doesn't work on AF on this lens), I keep these configs pretty static as I do a lot of walking and changing lenses is a hassle.

Anyway - looking forward to joining the debate and any Apple users please take a look at the thread I will be posting shortly on DPP and Photos!

IMG_0467.jpgIMG_0709.jpgIMG_4197.jpg

Re: Hello from Warmington

Welcome Paul

Some great images to introduce yourself with Some here will suggest you upload via Flickr to avoid losses in quality by direct attachment such as these. Yes, some will, so I won't

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Thanks - don't use Flickr at present - don't do too much sharing so don't really need it!

Comment

Welcome Paul , looking forward to seeing more if your work
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Originally posted by Warmington Paul View Post
          Thanks - don't use Flickr at present - don't do too much sharing so don't really need it!
          As stated it gives a far better image to view on here ,and it's a free to use service so why not .i also use a 80D and I.mac so you have a audience of at least one .

P.s welcome to the forum

Comment

Hi Paul, and welcome.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Welcome to the forum from me too Paul. Nice set of introductory images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Welcome to the forum Paul, nice shots and look forward to seeing more.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Paul

Tom

Comment

Welcome and a nice bear, that's definitely the Warmington I remember
                    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                      Welcome and a nice bear, that's definitely the Warmington I remember
                      Yes - she roams around the streets here.....

Seriously, she is actually a very famous Teton grizzly called Bear 399. There is a wonderful book about her and her dynasty by my current photographic hero (even if he is a Nikon man) Thomas Mangelsen "Grizzlies of Pilgrim Creek". We were lucky enough to see her close up on our second trip to the Tetons in 2008. We have been back many times since and only caught fleeting glimpses since.

Comment

Working...
                      X