Mr John

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr John

Hi everybody...my name is John Boyd and I've been a Canon man since I bought a T70 some 40 years ago. I'm 78 years old and I live in Rothwell in Leeds. I mainly photograph outdoors seeking out wildlife and at weekends sport. I've mostly used a 1DX Mk2 and a 5DMk4 recently but I've now bought an R5. I quite like the camera and it's had a couple of good run outs in the last 4 weeks. However I'm having a serious problem downloading images to my IMAC. It's a 2015 build using OS Catalina, so not the latest but a system thats still supported by Apple. I have tried the cable supplied by Canon and although it has downloaded for me it's performance is intermittent . I bought a card reader to cover both types of memory card used in the camera but the performance of that was dodgy as well so I returned it. I'm now sat here with all upon 1300 images waiting to download but I can't get them off the camera. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having a problem ? and if there might a genuine word of advice.

I've not experienced this with 5D4, R6 etc and have used a 2011 iMAC.

Have you tried selecting just a few images at a time to see if its a buffer overload issue...
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
      I've not experienced this with 5D4, R6 etc and have used a 2011 iMAC.

Have you tried selecting just a few images at a time to see if its a buffer overload issue...
      I have tried that thanks and thats not the issue...I'll keep going but thanks anyway

Comment

Welcome to this great forum!
        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
        X