Newish Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newish Member

I have been a member for about a month now but only just got round to writing anything.
    I have been a Canon user since 1973 when I bought a FTB QL, in Fiji of all places! Since then I have gone through both analogue camera's and digital and enjoy both. My current collection is a EOS 3, the last film camera I owned, a 20D now converted to Infra Red, a 5D Mk3 and a 5D Mk4. I also have a Fujifilm X100 and a Bronica ETR Si. Ohh I also have an 1930's Ensign "Synchro" made by HBM, London 120 film, 6x9cm format. All working and still get used.
    I enjoy most genres of photography but have a love of portrait, still life and with the film camera's, Black & White. I am a current member of a photography club and whilst I enjoy the learning aspects of it I find the obsession with competitions frustrating. To stoke some controversy, when given a 3 page tick list of what to consider or do to win competitions I have to question where is the art in this. In my head we create images to enjoy and hopefully express an emotion, not to satisfy some judge by ticking the right boxes. Thats my colours nailed to the mast on the subject.
    Anyway, I hope to post some images early August, both analogue and digital.
    You all just keep smiling :-)

Welcome to the forum, it's a friendly bunch, as you may already know.

Looking forward to seeing some images in August, especially the film ones. I use a little bit of film myself. I also have an Eos 3 but I use my eos 50e mainly for film. The Eos 3 is above my ability as a photographer.

I hope you're experience with competitions in the past doesn't deter you from entering the forum challenges on here, they're not at all like competitions you've been seeing and are great fun.

Welcome

Nath

Comment

Echo what Natt says about our “ challenge “ not competition, that is why it is much better fun than camera clubs, still got time to enter this months tree challenge Glyn. Welcome as a newish member, get posting.
      Dave

Comment

Welcome Glyn - I can confirm that this is a welcoming and friendly place.
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

And it's Hello and welcome from me
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi Glyn and welcome from me too.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                Echo what Natt says about our “ challenge “ not competition, that is why it is much better fun than camera clubs, still got time to enter this months tree challenge Glyn. Welcome as a newish member, get posting.
                Dave
                Cheers Daisy, Just looked at the challenge and noticed images need to be taken during the duration of the challenge, this month has been speedway, and analogue B&W with a bit of beachcombing and Holmwood House in Glasgow, a property owned by the National Trust for Scotland. so not a tree in sight :-(

Comment

It’s a welcome from me too, I look forward to seeing some pics.
                  Rose

Comment

trying out a post to see if I can upload an image.
                    Street in Newtown by Glyn Dodson, on Flickr

Comment

Hi Glyn, welcome from me too
                      Peter

Feel free to browse my
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

welcome to the forum
                        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by GlynD View Post
                          trying out a post to see if I can upload an image.
                          I'm seeing it so looks like it worked OK.

Interesting shot, despite the presence of the clearly modern cars and people the whole image has a very vintage, Victorian, feel. I like it.

Oh and welcome aboard too (I must have missed your original post).
                          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                            Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X