Appologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appologies

Sorry for not posting / critiquing as much as usual but my 'day job' is thinking of making me redundant - the pi$$ take part - after 12.5 years I have to supply them a list of what I do so they can decide what to do. . . . . . . I'm a little annoyed as you can imagine.

Anyway - I am still here, just not in the right frame of mind for subjective critique, fingers crossed 'they' make the right decision but I doubt it!

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: Appologies

Fingers crossed for you David, I hope they make the right decision.
    These are indeed difficult times for many of us, I'm trying to sort my job out aswell, so I know how you must feel.
    Good Luck.
    Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Good luck Dave. Was there two years ago (2010). After 31 years with the company, took my 1st sick day for out patient surgery on my hand, came back to work the next day, called into the bosses office and was given a package. So after figuring out that there was no place in the IT world a 58 year-old, I started a consulting business and this year I finally opened up a photography business. Not making as much as I did before, but I'm a lot happier and not as stressed.

Tom

Comment

Sadly very common ... we've had the sword hanging over us for a few years and a few near misses. Yet we are supposed to give the customer a world class service and act as if all is well in the world!

Good luck and no need for appologies as many of us will be aware what you are going through ...

Comment

Sorry to hear about your situation Dave. Unfortunately, this seems to be the way "forward" these days. Far too many managers asking employees "What do you do ?" Surely, this is what a manager is paid to know - makes me believe the managers should be the first to depart having been delinquent in their own function for the last 12.5 years !!!
          I hope all works out well for you - good luck

Gelert

Comment

Thanks guys - am going to take some 'advice' from the people who know, to be honest if I had my way I would just walk out the door today and drop them right 'in it' - but it's not in my nature.

Next 'meeting' is on Thursday so hopefully will know a bit more then grrrrrrrr

.DAVID.

Comment

David and keep ing. We are all pulling for you.

Tom

Comment

David

Sorry to hear your news - I sincerely hope it all works out OK for you.

Good luck Thursday!

All the best, Mike.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Hope everything turns out okay for you. Di.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Well - tomorrow is my 'final' consultation meeting where they tell me what we already know and I get my 'release' date.

I'm more than a little insulted / annoyed by the way that they have gone about this but I guess it's the way big corporations work - they can stick it, would rather work for someone who at least tells it like it is.

DEEEEEP breath - count to ten - hey, what's the worse they can do? Can't kill me (don't think)

.DAVID.

Comment

Sounds like they are taking the ‘compromise agreement’ route as what you do still needs doing?, so technically you are not ‘surplus to requirement’ (redundant). If this happens then you sign that you’ll not discuss with anyone.

Anyway good luck.

Comment

HI David, very to sorry to hear about this. I went through same exercise myself sometime ago after 30 years of service.

Fortunately found another position which I'm enjoying.

As other have said an all too common scenario.

I work at an educational establishment (use to be a school but soon to be an academy) and I feel for the teaching staff. Everytime there has been a reorganistion they have reduced staff. We are due to merge with another school and move into a new building and staff numbers will be reduced again. This will be 3 times in 4 years the staff have had to apply for their own jobs!

Just glad I work for a company thats contracted to provide IT support.
                        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Sorry to hear this David. Good luck for Thursday
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

Hi David

for what its worth I was in exactly the same position 2 years ago and thought " I,m too old for this S***" and walked out and have never regretted it, mind you I was only 3 years away from retirement so that was a major factor in my decision. Good luck on Thursday please keep us in the loop.

Chris
                            Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Thanks guys - well yesterday was the final 'consultation' meeting - after 12.5 years it took them a whole 7.5 minutes to say that I wasn't needed anymore (the three that made the decision seem to be the only ones out of 600 staff who think that mind you)

I find out what my leaving package is next week - last day is 18th Oct, funniest part is they asked me if I wouldn't mind staying on for a week or two afterwards as the company they have in to do the re-install of all the audio visual kit is charging too much so can I do it for them. . . . . I 'politely' declined.

Yes I am annoyed / insulted / sad and feeling a bit dejected BUT on the other hand 12.5 years was a good innings in a job I had no qualifications for and took just to help out a friend so I can't really complain, onward and upwards as they say.

Thank you again for the well wishes

.DAVID.

Comment

Working...
                              X