Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this lens fit?

Hello all guru's

I went to my local Curry’s today and saw this brilliant lense and through to myself it’s a must to have. But I forgot to ask the Canon rep who was there promoting the camera and lenses to see if it will fit mine.

Its a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

I have EOS 550D

Thanks all
    Sunny

Re: Will this lens fit?

Originally posted by Sunny View Post
    Hello all guru's

I went to my local Curry’s today and saw this brilliant lense and through to myself it’s a must to have. But I forgot to ask the Canon rep who was there promoting the camera and lenses to see if it will fit mine.

Its a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

I have EOS 550D

Thanks all
    Sunny
    Hey Sunny,

Yes it will fit, don't pay any more than about £80 for a brand new mkII version - if you are willing to hunt around a bit then I recommend searching for a second hand mk1 version, better build quality with metal mount as opposed to the plastic mount on the newer one - s/h mk1's are usually around £120 mark but still more than worth the money - a terrific little lens that punches well above it's weight if you know what I mean.

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

hey David, YAY! ok I will look for a MK1 or shop around... Curry's have it at £88, I'm off to Folorida next week so will check and see what their prices are like :)

Comment

Got it.... just some pictures taken today, haven't really used it fully as yet

excuse the feet picture, its just mean to show the backgound fuzzed out and then my feet fuzzed out while the background is all nice and cleer

Comment

Ah, few things beat the feeling of playing with a new bit of kit...
          Hope you are pleased with it - most people on here seem to have a nifty fifty of one type or other; at the price it's a no-brainer.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Hi! Sunny, I like your sense of humour with the feet etc. Keep it up as it not long to go for 1st April 2013.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

On the Canon 550D all EF lenses and all EF-S lenses will fit.
              On full-frame cameras only EF lenses fit.

Third party lenses such as from Sigma, Tokina, Tamron will also fit on the Canon 550D as long as they have the Canon fitting.
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
              X