bad form old chap d7100 pops up again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad form old chap d7100 pops up again

as some may know i have recently drifted back to canon due to having two very bad copies of nikon d7100 cameras both of which were returned as faulty (albeit intermittently ) .

i received a e/mail from nikon u.k this morning asking why someone was trying to register one of the cameras in there name as they are registered to me .so it seems rather than return the cameras to nikon to be looked at the shop has simply resold them (both had in excess of 3000 shutter count) i won't name the shop as i do not know the full facts but it seems rather a sharp practise .as i pointed out the fault in full to the shop and got a full refund ..

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Re: bad form old chap d7100 pops up again

I can understand why you do not wish to publicly name and shame the retailer but I'm pretty sure Nikon would like to know that one of their dealers practices in this manner too.

I'm also certain that Nikon would have preferred to have repaired the fault and had the opportunity to correct/improve production values at source instead of having their brand further devalued to two more unsuspecting and disappointed customers.

Please report the retailer to the supplier!

Comment

Originally posted by akimages View Post
      I can understand why you do not wish to publicly name and shame the retailer but I'm pretty sure Nikon would like to know that one of their dealers practices in this manner too.

I'm also certain that Nikon would have preferred to have repaired the fault and had the opportunity to correct/improve production values at source instead of having their brand further devalued to two more unsuspecting and disappointed customers.

Please report the retailer to the supplier!
      Agreed 100%!
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

as i stated i do not know the full facts ,was this the first returned camera which around 6 weeks ago could have been repaired or was it indeed the second body just put back into stock ,both cameras had a shutter count in excess of 3000 pics ,and this mornings e/mail was from nikon u.k themselves and i outlined what had happened fully ,so yes i suppose they do know the full facts now ,all i had as a answer was the fact my details had been taken off the registration form

Comment

Working...
        X