Shots you've missed recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shots you've missed recently

Just wondering if anyone else as experienced what I have recently.

This morning, the sun was low, shining on to the bottom of the clouds making a beautiful gold sky. I was more or less level with the field surface as the road was in a dip.

The dew on the field reflected the sun beautifully and took on a life of its own... and right there. At the perfect distance was an enormous pheasant. With brilliant coloured plumage. The perfect pose for the perfect shot.

What's the problem I hear you ask...

Where's the photo..-

There isn't one. I was in my car on the way to work. No time to stop. No camera.

Anyone else have that happen recently. That moment, when you just have to be grateful that you've seen a little bit of magic that day.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Shots you've missed recently

We often see buzzards perched by the side of the road and if only it wasnt a motorway or dual carriageway and then the cameras not being in the bags in the boot...........

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Was walking my daughter to school yesterday when I heard this tap tap tap sound to my left. Looking up there was a great spotted woodpecker only 8 feet away, completely unperturbed by our presence (and not on a feeder). They are quite common here but I have never been so close. Definitely one of those 'wish I had my camera with me moments'.

Kevin

Comment

Not too long ago spotted great spotted woodpecker after hearing quite a metallic tapping sound. He/she was hammering away on a TV aerial on a bungalow and was probably only about 25ft away. If I'd had a camera it would have made an interesting shot.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

A couple of weeks back I was driving out of my road and a green woodpecker flew across in front and proceeded to peck on a tree trunk only 3ft from the ground, no branches in the way and a perfect background !!!! Not seen him since

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who as suffered from Missed shot syndrome recently.

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X