Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A message for Nat

Nat,

A mutual friend tells me that your e-mail address book has been hacked into. Mails are being sent out in your name about your trip to the Ukraine, and asking for cash to help you through your problems. For obvious reasons he doesn't want to e-mail you, and has no other means of contacting you, so has asked me to post this warning to you.

Hope this helps

Sara W.

Re: A message for Nat

I've been offline here for a long while, but I've had the same message this morning.

I've received similar messages in the past (from different people, I should add).

Nat - I suggest changing your email password at the very least.

Edit: I've also PM'd him.
    Last edited by BT Bob; 25-11-2013, 09:20.
    “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
    "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
    "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
    "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

I've had the same message.

Comment

Me too.

I did reply to the email address, asking for proof of id... No reply!

I think this is a scam, so until I hear back from Nat, I can't progress anything.

I will update here if I hear anything new.

mike
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I have received three emails to three different addresses.
          Firstly I panicked ......
          I have sent one reply requesting answers to questions that only Nat could reply.

Strangely (and I have emailed Robert) there is an account here called Odessa15 (or similar).
          I therefore wondered if this site has been hacked.

I sincerely hope it was not a genuine email

Stephen
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

My system flagged it as a Phishing email so I forwarded it to the dept that deals with these.
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I regularly receive this type of spam e-mail, usually from e-mail addresses I do not recognise. I hit the delete button and move on. If someone was really in trouble, don't you think that they would phone family or friends, rather than relying on a very vague e-mail?
              Robert
              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I did not know anything about this scam until I received phone call this morning from a friend and then another and then another & has continued till approx 2pm today- whilst I was trying to sort things out via my internet provider- BT. There was also nothing to delete as this was not an e-mail from an unknown source but something that had happened and all my contact addresses had disappeared.

The good forum members who contacted me did so out of their good will and concern and because my name was mentioned- the name I use on the forum. If this was "reversed" and I got such an e-mail mentioning a forum members name I would also have contacted the member via a PM or e-mail address if I had got it.

I must perhaps mention in all such scam e-mails- being mugged somewhere and being destiture, the script seem to follow the same pattern, the same story.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Glad to see that you made it back from the Ukraine Nat. I got your sad tale via e-mail, but was not able to send you any money. Sorry.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom. I am not the only one who has been hacked into recently. Please see this report. I am now trying to, or wasting my time in trying to home in on these criminals- they are criminals and would appreciate any member who has received similar e-mails either from me or from their own friends to send them to me. I am collecting evidence, but it is unfortunate many have deleted these scam e-mails. Anyway I am hopeful that some members will be able to send the originals to me- please PM me first for my address etc. Many thanks

Nat
                    Last edited by Nathaniel; 04-12-2013, 16:03.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Scam?

Damn …………… I sent money as requested. A fistful from Bank of Monopoly to Theevinbastards.com.
                      Colin

Comment

Thats more like the old Colin- coming back to roost in the forum! Perhaps I should have given you my home address for the money.

Comment

Working...
                        X