Fuming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuming

Went out in my car this morning and when we came back I parked next to Cory's car and we found this:

Absolutely gutted as you would expect, called police - nothing they can do but got an incident number, called insurance and got the ball rolling. Cory went out and cleaned up what she could and stuck a couple of bin bags over it to try and keep some of the water out.

THEN a neighbor knocked on the door to say she had just seen the kid do it again - walked passed grabbed a loose brick from the paving and threw it through the plastic, I ran round the back and caught him - walked him back around to the neighbours house and called the police for statements etc, NINE YEARS OLD and he did it for fun!!!!

Cory is distraught especially as she is trading the car in for another in three weeks time. Worse thing is he is under ten so cant be prosecuted although the insurance company may well sue the parents.

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: Fuming

That is disgusting the parents should be punished
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

So sorry about Cory's car and I do hope the insurance company sues the parents and the incident doesn't impact you no claims discount

Comment

The child should be made to pay for the work with helping the garage who are doing the repairs. He should also be doing it free. Thats after his parents pay for the work to be done.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

I'd like to say you were amazingly calm, considering. The temptation to grab him by the ear and give a good twist - while marching him home to a tanned arse - would've been overwhelming. Sadly, you can't do that today, and the parents these days aren't allowed to chide their young, let alone punish them. Maybe a nice CCJ against them might be an incentive to keep the little sh*t in check.

I feel sorry for Cory; the car's clearly cherished and well looked-after. I will just say Cory shouldn't feel bad - this shouldn't have any effect on the trade-in, as the garage will repair it to pre-Sprog condition. Provided it gets done in the 3 weeks before the trade-in, she shouldn't lose out surely.
          Last edited by NickM; 15-02-2014, 20:29.
          I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

I feel your pain. I went out to my car a couple of years ago to find the back window smashed and a golf-ball lying on the floor in the back!

I don't live anywhere near a golf club - a neighbour said they'd seen a couple of lads wandering round with a wedge and a putter but didn't recognise them. Luckily there was no bodywork damage and I got the glass done under my insurance and it didn't affect my NCD. I was still finding bits of glass up until the day I sold it.

So frustrating and annoying. Good luck with sorting it.

Comment

The little b.....d (a person of dubious parentage) !!!!!
              [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Sickening.

Bill.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

and the 'fun' continues, the window guy came around at 9:30pm to put a temp cover over the rear and . . . .'someone' has done the front windscreen as well as the passenger side window and a few scratches on the bonnet

police have just left (midnight) but with no witnesses they can do nothing, strange how all the other cars in the row are untouched - coincidence? I don't think so either.

We have moved the car to Cory's bosses place for now until we can get the repair work done, luckily fully comp 'protected'.

.DAVID.
                  Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Man, just really can't find the words for this senseless destruction of someone's property. Sorry to see that happen to you David.

Tom

Comment

Time to get some video recording stuff, I would've thought, as you've got to live there and nip this in the bud.
                      Alternatively, just send the bill to his parents followed up by County Court papers, seeing as he was caught in the act the first time. I still think, no matter what the parents are like, a CCJ or two will hit them where it hurts.
                      I feel really sorry for you both.
                      Last edited by NickM; 16-02-2014, 01:53.
                      I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Senseless vandalism, very annoying. I would like to think the parents would angry and sort the kids punishment out.
                        As you say it's beyond reason to think two different sets of people vandalised the car.

I know how annoying and stressful it can be having a car vandalised shortly before it's traded in.
                        My car along with most in our road were 'keyed' quite badly. I ended up having to pay a bit more to cover the repair and lower trade in value.
                        Hope you are able to get it all fixed/repaired quickly.
                        Andy
                        Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

Really very sorry to see all this David. It is the signs of the times and I'd vote to bring back the birch as in the good old days. This country is too soft with all this PC wallahs about and we are encouraging young vandals to thrive. When will all this stop?
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Can't say anymore than whats already been said,very shocking to see and read.

Paul
                            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Senseless vandalism.
                              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X