Cricket lovers- take note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket lovers- take note

I hope the cricket loving members are following the Australia/S.Africa tests and are pleased to note that the Aussies are being put to the sword by the Proteas. Also the performance of the England Lions against Sri Lanka. Things are not so bad after all! The Phoenix does rise from the Ashes!!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Cricket lovers- take note

The numbers 5 - 0 are still very very fresh in my mind.
    If I remember correctly you did manage a single win in the ODI and but lost all the T20 matches
    The 2nd test has not yet been lost and there is still one to go.
    David

Comment

The Phoenix wil rise again!l
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        The Phoenix wil rise again!l
        Just like the Welsh Rugby team (hope I'm not counting my chickens!)

Comment

I am sure the Welsh Rugby team will also rise again. Every sporting team has got it's up and downs and one must never lose heart! (I am always the optimist)! Re the England Cricket team, there were several mistakes made, which was pappered over by the tact and charm of Andrew Strauss.(i) The appointment of KP as captain was the biggest mistake as it gave him a big head, and from that time he has tried to undermine all other Captains, as he wanted the job back. Andrew Strauss should have been made captain then.(ii) the appointment of Flintoff ,in place of Andrew Strauss was anotherw big mistake (iii) The appointment of Cook as permanent captain was another big mistake- it should have been Matt Prior or Morgan. Cook as deputy against the Bangladesh series, when Strauss took a break, was the forerunner to this whitewash, as was Flintoff's appointment as Captain which led to another whitewash! England always performed well when they had a good,firm captain- Michael Vauhan, Strauss, Mike Brearley (not a goot batsman but brought the best ouf of the players).

Comment

Mike Brearley - took over captaincy from Botham after loosing it to Botham and then "transformed" Botham from his ways of the time into the cricketer he became. He was also renowned for changing the field set by the bowler as the bowler walked back to his mark so much so that Phil Edmonds used to walk to his mark backwards.
            David

Comment

I remember that very well, David. Botham was once again the WRONG CHOICE- Oh! these England selectors!! Yes, Botham was preferred to Brearley ;and for England and Botham it was great when Botham quit/resigned after losing to Kim Hughes Aussie side in the first test I think.This one again brings my point in that a good strong captain is a must for any cricket side- not only England. Graeme Smith of SA is one of the best in today's cricket.

Comment

The best cricketers don't necessarily make the best captain. A lot of them seem to lose their form when they're given the captaincy.

Comment

I agree Ems. Really it needs an average player but with good man management skills & tactical know how to be a captain. If he is also a very good player, then that is a "bonus" like Graeme Smith of SA. I also blame the England selectors for the mistakes they have made in choosing their captains as stated in my post #5 above.

Comment

Series win to Australia.... 2 - 1

Australia defeated South Africa in the third match by 245 runs.

South Africa have not won a home series against Australia since they came back into World Cricket after the Apartheid exclusion from World Cricket.
                    David

Comment

I have taken note of this and I can only say that all this is only good for the game of cricket. If one team win consistently, year after year, it becomes boring- atleast to me. Having said that I cannot understand why S.Africa never get a 4 or 5 match test series. At the moment it is confined to England, Australia and India. Looks like cricket is being sacrificed for "money"!

Comment

and the West Indies thumped England in the T20 yesterday.
                        Last edited by djguk47; 10-03-2014, 13:30.
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
                          and the West Indies thumped Sri Lanka in the T20 yesterday.
                          Good. You have made my day!I am saying this as I don't think Ashley Giles is good enough to be the new England coach; and so if England continue to lose these meaningless matches, then they will certainly look for a more ruthless,practical sort of coach even though it could be an Aussie like Moody. We already have an Aussie fast bowling coach in Saker. There are many "mercenary" coaches around the world at the moment!
                          Last edited by Nathaniel; 10-03-2014, 17:40.

Comment

Working...
                          X