how much junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much junk

don't know about the rest of you but i have followed the search for the missing malaysian plane with interest ,one thing that really does cause me some concern though is the fact that while they haven't found a thing that can be identified as part of that aircraft .the satellite sitings of huge debris fields of objects just floating around one of the largest oceans on the planet makes me wonder what we are really doing to our home world .
    makes me wonder if all the bad weather is really mother earth ,gaia ,nature call it what you will getting its own back on a arrogant species .??????

Re: how much junk

A huge amount of that junk will be debris from the tsunami in Japan.

Comment

I live in a boaty part of the UK and, while I no longer have a boat, have in the past had those "holes in the water you throw money into" so know from personal experience just how much rubbish is in the water. I regularly saw discarded fishing nets, crates, pallets, deck chairs, tree trunks any of which would cause serious damage. Now, from my perch in Paignton, I see 65mph jet skis blatting across the bay and it really is a miracle nobody is seriously injured.

Comment

Having had several boats myself John ,I know exactly what you mean .but the amounts we are seeing beggar belief .i suppose a lot of it could well be from the tsunamis ,how quickly we forget

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
          makes me wonder if all the bad weather is really mother earth ,gaia ,nature call it what you will getting its own back on a arrogant species .??????
          "Man" is greedy; "Man" is selfish; "Man" is ignorant; "Man" does not care".
          There are some people who do care but we are a very small minority and our voices will never be heard.
          Whether it is the streets, our roads, our recreation areas, our beaches, our lay-bys, people will leave their mark by leaving litter.
          Multi-$billion dollar industries will dump their waste, get caught and get a meaningless fine.
          Rich countries will pay poor countries "peanuts" to chop down their forests.

Leave nothing but footprints.
          Take nothing but photographs.
          Kill nothing but time.
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
            ,gaia ,
            That brings us back to Edge of Darkness, doesn't it? That was so believeable that it was scary.

Comment

I have a strong feeling that the debris could be from the Tsunamis's; I say this because when I was in Sri Lanka last year travelling around the Tsunami hit areas, I could also see junk in and around the Indian Ocean- more towards the coastal areas. The Tsunami that hit Sri Lanka was in 2004 and so one can only note that even the years have not really stopped throwing up debris.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
              X