Well done Canon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Canon

Last Sunday in the middle of shooting the grasstrack racing, the quick control dial on Dee's 7D failed leaving her unable to add or subtract exposure compensation - kuxkily the light was such that none was needed.

On Monday, phoned Canon Elstree as she had a similar problem wwhich was fixed last October but we were just out of the 6 month repair guarantee !!

Anyway, arranged to send camera to them on Tuesday, received by them on Wednesday morning. Wefnesday pm estimate received and go ahead given. Thursday lunch time e mail to say repair completed and canera dispatched. Received today at lunch time

Now thats what i call good service

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Well done Canon

Great story. Nice to hear a positive one, things like this go a long way to keep customers with a company.
    Canon 5DMKII | Canon 550D | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 35 f/2 IS USM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | Speedlite 430EX II | 2x Yongnuo YN-622C | MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 | Lightroom 5 | Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod | Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400W | Flickr | 500px | Website

Comment

Hi,
      A great outcome and I'm pleased it was a positive one.
      But the truth is that Canon customer service leaves a lot to be desired. For example - I bought a Canon 24-105L f4 lens many years ago (a few weeks after it was first announced). On receiving the lens I registered it with Canon UK. Many months later, I happened to hear, in a chance conversation with a fellow photography, that that lens has been recalled due to the early editions having a coating fault. I contacted Canon and guess what - my lens was one with the fault. What annoyed me is that Canon never bothered to tell me personally about the recall despite registering the lens with them.
      Contrast this with Fuji - I also own a fuji camera - fuji always contact me when updates are available ( have you ever been contacted by Canon telling you a firmware update is available?). The unfortunate truth is that Canon want us to purchase their products but have no interest what ever in treating its customers as a valuable asset. I won't even bother to outline the debacle concerning the focussing problems with Canon 1D Mk3 - another example of poor customer service from Canon.
      James
      James Boardman Woodend
      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
        But the truth is that Canon customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
        It obviously not great that your experience was below expectations.
        Lets hope Stan's post and some others of late show that Canon has upped its game.
        Andy

Comment

[ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Working...
          X