Udorn, Thailand 1975

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Udorn, Thailand 1975

So this week I scanned in some slides I developed way back in 1975. They have sat in storage since then and so I'm starting to scan them in using the Plustek OptocFilm 7400. The film was Kodaks Ektachrome slide film. The camera I used then was the Pentex Spotmatic F

This was the entrance into the Air Force Base in Udorn

The next 2 are from the development we lived in after we got married:

This last image is catching some transport to get is into town, then to the base:

Once these were scanned in, I converted them to BW then over to Elements 12 where I spent 30 to 45 min per print cleaning scratches and blemishes that occurred of time as they sat in a corner of the house.

Comments Welcomed
    Tom

Re: Udorn, Thailand 1975

what a stunning collection Tom - you've done a great job and had you not said the date / scanned in I never would have known these were so old
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian

Comment

Thanks for sharing these Tom. They are nice. Reminds me that I too have to start scanning my old slides (over 3000 of them) but I would like them all in colour.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Really enjoying your trip into your past Tom. Must be a good feeling saving something for your family future generations.

Looking forward to seeing more.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

You have some well captured memories there Tom. It does make me wonder if my pictures will hold as many memories 40 years from now? Or if they'll even exist. You've done well to hold on to them and keep them safe for so long.
            Great job in the scanning and processing,

Garry
            Garry Macdonald on Flickr
            Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Amazing work, great Tom, Raj
              Raj
              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                Thanks for sharing these Tom. They are nice. Reminds me that I too have to start scanning my old slides (over 3000 of them) but I would like them all in colour.
                Thanks Nat, these where scanned in as color, it's just that I prefer the BW os I converted them in LR, then cleaned them up in elements. The Polaroid images were also created in elements then layered on top of the base image. .

Thanks Di, Garry & Raj for stopping by and commenting.

Comment

Nicely done Tom

Comment

Thanks Black Fox

Comment

They are really nicely done Tom. Periodically I think I must do the same - at least as far as scanning is concerned. The bit that frightens me is 30-45 minutes peer slide cleaning them up! Doesn't the software they give you do a decent job on that?

Anyway, thanks for sharing those.

Richard
                      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Well done Tom 👍
                        Peter

Feel free to browse my
                        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Udorn, Thailand 1975

The software that came with The plustek scanner came with the Silverfast software that will remove some of the blemish. What I found using it tended to blur parts of the photo. Therefore the setting I found worked the best, only took care of very small blemishes an I still needed to work on the image to remove scratches. So I switched over to the Vuescan software that I found to be faster and scans the image better, without a degree in scanning that Silverfast expects you to have IMO

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                            So I switched over to the Vuescan software that I found to be faster and scans the image better, without a degree in scanning that Silverfast expects you to have IMO

Tom
                            Lol! You mean you are only part qualified - and that "by experience" - in photography!!!

Richard
                            Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
                            X