Ebay address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay address

Does any member have Ebay's address as I wish to make a formal complaint about some of their practices.

Very briefly, I recently returned an item to a seller on the promise of a refund and now 2 weeks have elapsed and still I have not got my refund. Not a big amount- under £16.00. When I approaced Ebay's resolution centre I found that the dispute has been "closed"- i.e on the understanding I suppose that the seller had agreed to the refund. In my book, a dispute should only be closed once there is a final settlement- in my case a refund in my paypal account.

I will of course get my money back via my bank's Visa Charge back scheme but this is a matter for ebay to resolve and not my bank.

If any member has got Ebay's address, I will be very grateful if you could let me have it.

Many thanks

Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Ebay address

You should be able to open a case on the buyers guarantee from Paypal if it was all done through there. Largely though it's done through Ebay, however, I'm surprised the seller was allowed the close any cases as it's usually the buyer that has control.
    I only use a camera like I use a toothbrush. It does the job - Don McCullin

Comment

Are you sure the money has not been returned to your PayPal account ?
      Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

thanks for your replies. It is unfortunately Ebay that has closed the dispute and I cannot re-open it. However I have played merry hell just now via their "chat" link (copy of the chat in my e-mail) and I have been asked to contact them by tomorrow if the refund has not come through.
        Whenever I receive any money via Ebay/Paypal, I always get a e-mail notification. This has not arrived and I have also checked my paypal account and there is nothing there as well.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

If you go to my e bay and look on your recent purchases, can you not open a new case? I'm the same, I always thought that it was the buyer who had to close the case.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
            If you go to my e bay and look on your recent purchases, can you not open a new case? I'm the same, I always thought that it was the buyer who had to close the case.
            In this instance Ebay closed the case as the seller had agreed to refund the purchase price. I think that was totally wrong and although I am sure of getting my money back one way or another, a strong letter of complaint needs to be sent to the Head office,so that this sort of nonsense is not repeated again.

Comment

You won't win with them NAT it all happens at there pace .i,ll see if I can dig up a contact number for you

Comment

eBay will have closed it because the member agreed to the refund.

Can you not now go into Paypal and open a dispute on the paid amount, copying them the evidence that the buyer was going to refund but has not done so yet.
                Andy
                Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Andy, I have tried it but it brings me back to ebay and their resolution centre. I have,in fairness, not had much problems with Ebay and items bought through them- small value items generally. I also keep to Hong kong Sellers and Chinese ones- in the case of new items. In this instance I went to Korea South for a "half case" for my Canon 100D to give me a better grip on the camera. However, I did not like the half case and so I returned it, after the seller agreed to the refund. I am only looking for an ebay address so that I can lodge a strong complaint so that Ebay will not do this again,not only to me but to others as well. I do not want a telephone number as apart from the cost, I would like something in writing so that it acts as evidence.

Comment

Good news. I have just noted that my bank account has been credited with the sum of £15.81. The moral here is to kick up a fuss if you want anything done in life!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X