Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual customer satisfaction survey.

Has anyone had an e-mail about this?
    It invites me to click on a link and fill in some annual survey. I cannot remember having had one before, and the mail just looks a bit odd.
    Is this a phishing exercise, or is every member of CPS getting one?
    So far I have not done anything apart from deleting the mail; I might be daft, but I'm not stupid!

Re: Annual customer satisfaction survey.

one way to check if its ok is the mouse over the link and look at the URL - if its not from the senders email address delete it. Although some surveys are run by remote companies, but I would be surprised Canon doing that

and no I've not had anything
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thank you. Nothing happens when I do that, and there is a message under the link that tells me to copy and paste it into a new page on my browser if it doesn't open automatically.

I think this smells!

Comment

agree- they are hiding it, normally means somethings not right. Canon would not do that or anyone doing a survey for them

nuke it

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I recently received a Canon survey on their technology which I completed and sent off. No problems.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I got a survey from Canon Europe yesterday - the website was inside.canon-europe.com which seems to be a Responsys address - I know they're a pukka survey company, so I filled it in.
            Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Thank you everyone. This mail doesn't even have the Canon logo on it although it uses the same font as the normal CPS mailings.
              It's gone for good.

Comment

If in doubt - bin it. That said, I have responded to two Canon surveys recently, which asked for no personal information. So apart from inserting a trojan virus into my computer I don't think there is a problem!!!

Richard
                Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Yep got one as well.
                  If you hover over the start survey button you will see the link which will be opened.
                  I am happy this one is OK for me.
                  David

Comment

Originally posted by Sarawak View Post
                    Thank you. Nothing happens when I do that, and there is a message under the link that tells me to copy and paste it into a new page on my browser if it doesn't open automatically.

I think this smells!
                    This is standard on most site links these days. The US Software company I work for has this on all links sent out.
                    David

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                      . So apart from inserting a trojan virus into my computer I don't think there is a problem!!!

Richard

Comment

I got it the other day, filled it in (didn't ask for any info that could be 'used') have run a scan and a zedbot killer with zero results so no harm done

.DAVID.
                        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                        X