Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs proper kit? - 2 led torches, an ikea lamp and an iphone 4s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who needs proper kit? - 2 led torches, an ikea lamp and an iphone 4s!

Stunning result

As I start to get more campaign work via Instagram for product photography, I've found that I need to use every bit of my creative mindset to get the shot I want. All the while I must also play to some of the iPhone's limitations. Tilo Gockel, a professional photographer and lighting expert, has created quite the tutorial for some outstanding product photography with nothing more than an iPhone and a few simple lights found around the house.

Ian
    EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Re: Who needs proper kit? - 2 led torches, an ikea lamp and an iphone 4s!

very interesting!. (I thought at first that they had used a Canon 6D!!!!!!!!)
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

just goes to show its not just about the equipment .... ( shuts this page down quickly before the wife see's it )

one thing you can say about the Iphones is the DOF is stunning - My wife has just got the iphone6 and now even in low light its impressive, something the other iphones suffered from - I've got her cast offs and the iphone 4
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Excellent stuff I was just showing my daughter as she is having the 4s for Xmas and even she was impressed .believe me that takes some doin .

Comment

It is amazing what can be shot on a phone camera. I would show you some of mine but I'd get dragged out of here for not following the rules
          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
            very interesting!. (I thought at first that they had used a Canon 6D!!!!!!!!)
            Erm, even thought he post title said "...and an iPhone 4s!..."?

only joking, but the quality is outstanding - makes me want to try to recreate it or something similar
            EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
              It is amazing what can be shot on a phone camera. I would show you some of mine but I'd get dragged out of here for not following the rules
              you won't be needing that MkII then will you - now wheres that email address to Mrs Parsen
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
              X