Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you given up and for how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you given up and for how long?

we seem to be constantly battling against something or the other. Since I opened this thread and read about PaulSTW and David Stallard giving up drinks & Ian's fast M-F , I seem to have got some inner strength and will power to resist temptation. I did my shopping today at Morrisons and saw ,low and behold, Famous Grouse 1 litre selling at £15. Under normal circumstances I would have immediately bought 3 bottles, the maximum allowed at any one time, but thought of both Paul,Ian and david and resisted the temptation to buy. Quite an uphill battle I must say but now having come home without the Famous Grouse, I feel elated that I have "won"! I hope I can give it up for good!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Stick with it Nat, I could tell you a story that might give you some inspiration but it's not something that I'll go into here.
      Paul

Comment

Send me a PM Paul. I am determined not to fall back.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post

Now I have a another hurdle to jump. .

An investigation into possible tissue damage in the Rectal area (a potential side-effect of high intensity radio therapy), which involved a Colonoscopy, found a small growth at the tail-end of the Colon. Biopsies taken, and a CT scan carried out.

Now I have to play the awful 'waiting game', before I hear what what lays ahead. I have an appointment with the Colo/Rectal surgeon on Monday week.

What ever it is Benign or otherwise, it means surgery to have it removed.
          Today I got the bad news, its Bowel Cancer

On the positive side, the CT scan indicates that it doesn't seem to have spread, and the surgeon believes it to be treatable.

Have to have an MRI scan next, and then major surgery to remove the affected part of the Colon.

Not looking forward to it, but if it does the job, then its worth any discomfort, as life is precious.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Dave, I am very sorry to read about your very sad news. I wish you all the best for the op and treatment afterwards.

Chris
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

Dave, thinking of you at this time and everything crossed for you that all works out for you.
              David

Comment

Dave, sorry to read about what you are going through. I will certainly keep you in my prayers for a complete healing as you go through the operation and treatment afterward.

Tom

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Dave. I have a friend who went through a similar procedure eight years ago. He is still out and about enjoying life - I know it's scary but try to remain positive. Best of luck.
                  James
                  James Boardman Woodend
                  www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Very sorry to hear this mate,hope everything goes well.my sister has just had the same operation ,that was caught early she's doing ok now just has to wear a bag for up to 12 months but will make a full recovering.hope your treatment goes as smoothly mate
                    Last edited by Dave s; 03-03-2015, 09:55.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Dave. Fortunately it has been diagnosed early and I am sure you will be OK after surgery. Do keep us informed as life is very precious,as you also confirm.

Comment

Sorry to hear your news Dave - good luck with the treatment.
                        - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Got to the age now when I given up giving things up. Life is to short. I try to give more back than given. I try to laugh more than frown. I try to enjoy my photography when I get the chance. Cheers

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you make a full and speedy recovery.
                            Best wishes,

Bill.
                            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks for all your good wishes guys, it really is appreciated, and nice to have friends like you around me, so to speak.

There is apparently light at the end of the tunnel, and I am trying to think positively.

I'm not going away from the forum, apart from when I go into hospital, and will stay in touch, and hopefully carry on with my photography.

Thanks again, you are good mates.

Dave
                              Dave

Comment

Best of everything Dave. It's a roller coaster of a ride but stay positive and cheerful if you can and it will carry you through.

Comment

Working...
                                X