sensor cleaning what a difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sensor cleaning what a difference

preparation and speed are the key andy ,read the instructions watch some u-tube vids and go for it ,i used a microfibre cloth to rest the camera on ,opened camera upside down gave initial blast with rocket blower then turned camera face down on cloth to keep out air born dust ,prepared the swab with solution (not to much as it will smear) turn camera over quickly run swab across sensor applying slight pressure ,turn swab over run back the other way .remove swab turn camera off to lower mirror job done time elapsed less than 90 seconds ,put lens back on and check for any spots still left ..
    if any spots persist it might need doing again but i found once was enough for mine .

Comment

Have a look at this for sensor cleaning

One of the best solutions for keeping your digital camera sensor clean! This sensor gel stick will work on any interchangeable lens digital camera – from a compact mirrorless to a full-frame DSLR. All you have to do is set the camera to “Mirror Lock-Up” mode (with the battery fully charged) and once the sensor is exposed, gently “walk” the whole sensor with the gelled side of the stick. After a single pass, use the adhesive paper (included inside the metal case) to remove the dust from the gel. Simply expose the sticky side of the paper, set it on a firm surface, then hold it with your fingers, while firmly pressing the gel on top of the adhesive surface. The gel should stick, but it will be easy to remove. Once cleaned, the gel can be reused over and over again (see maintenance tips below). Repeat this process as many times as necessary to clean your sensor. Once done, turn off the camera, mount your lens, set it to the smallest aperture like f/32, then take a picture of a white surface. When you analyze the image, there should be no spots left.

Not Cheap @ £40 from amazon but its supposed to be good
      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I clean my sensors regularly. The tool I use most often is the Arctic Butterfly that works very well.

Tom

Comment

The gel sticks have apparently been known to give problems and the artic butterfly is Not recommended for certain sensors the 1D series among them ,and a wet clean is the only answer ,as I said initially I was surprised how quick easy and painless it was

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
            the artic butterfly is Not recommended for certain sensors the 1D series among them
            Do you know which Canon sensors ( other than the 1D series mentioned) ?
            James
            James Boardman Woodend
            www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

I have the wee rocket blower thing and it works really well. I have a habit of blowing into my tea mug before I use it and do the same to my lens caps.

Every now and then I still the camera into Bulb mode and turn it upside down, hold the shutter open without a lens and use the blower on the sensor. Probably shouldn't but hey ho.
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                ... the artic butterfly is Not recommended for certain sensors the 1D series among them....
                Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
                Do you know which Canon sensors ( other than the 1D series mentioned) ?
                James
                And why?

Comment

There is/was a warning on the Arctic butterfly home site regarding this issue ,something to do with oil from the shutter blades I,ll see if I can find it again ,nearly bought one off a mate and he alerted me to it.
                  found it here ya go ,there is a updated message somewhere for the newer models to but i haven't yet come across that again
                  Last edited by the black fox; 07-03-2015, 08:40.

Comment

Thanks it is a good article on cleaning your sensor and care for the brush

Comment

Working...
                    X