A matter of trust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A matter of trust.

The media is full of the Kevin Pieterson affair and as a one time cricketer (small time) myself, I might like to say that trust is a very important matter. It is important in a marriage, in a relationship,in work, in sport and everything else. If there is no trust even the best person or player becomes a weak link. In KP's case one has to point out his derogatory remarks he texted to his South African colleagues which undermined England's(Cricket) confidence, the book that he wrote following his sacking plus other matters now coming out from his previous county captains. I have admired KP's batting prowess over the years but he did not set the last Ashes series,down under,on fire at all. He was like an "also ran" cricketer. KP has lost the trust of his England colleagues and he has to re-build this aspect if he wishes to be considered in future. Andrew Strauss himself has said that he has NOT closed the door entirely but only for this summer (today's Daily mail for example). The ball is now in KPs court to build up trust between himself and the ECB, between himself and the England Cricket team.

Having said that I must deplore the manner in which the ECB has handled Peter Moores sacking- totally disgraceful. I also consider the false hopes given to KP as very "unBritish" and totally dishonourable.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: A matter of trust.

yep whatever nat said .

Comment

Hey Nat, I know nothing about cricket, but with your passion for both photography AND the most boring game in the world (I play hockey lol cricket seems awfully slow by comparison) why don't you go see if you can photograph the 'action' at St Asaph CC - make a change from the Cathedral?

Ian
      EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

It is quite possible Ian and don't be surprised. St.Asaph CC has had a new pavillion built. So who knows? Have you watched 20/20 cricket matches? I am sure you won't find it boring at all!
        Last edited by Nathaniel; 14-05-2015, 23:05.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

So Nat how do you rate KT sounding off in messages he thought was private (although I don't think they have been published, just suggestions as to content made) vs. what Strauss said about him on Sky? Pot and kettle? Plus if my firm had fired everyone who didn't get on we'd have never made anything decent.

Surely the biggest issue is we aren't playing at all well at present and people don't seem to want to do anything to change it...
          Last edited by DrJon; 15-05-2015, 09:11.

Comment

Well Dr.Jon, I can see your point of view. However in KP's case the interesting fact is that he sent derogratory texts to his so called SA colleagues/friends, who in turn "betrayed" his trust by leaking it to the media. So what sort of trust is that. Re Andrew Strauss's remarks, I would put it down to a wounded lion biting back. He was the victim of the texts and not the instigator. It was a retaliatory remark and I can accept that. Even a worm will turn if prodded too much. Re the people in a firm, I can understand people not getting on with their colleagues (something I have seen very often in my working life) but if work colleagues damaged the firm's image by leaking information to the outside world/to the firm's competitors I am sure the guilty person/s would have been sacked. KP not only created disunity within the team but also made the disunity worse by his text messages. I must also mention that in KP's recent innings of 356 runs he gave 5 chances and if the first one had been accepted, when he was in the 90's, that would have been the end of his innings. Surely the Aussies will not give him too many chances as was the case in the last Ashes series in OZ.

England played very well against India to win 3-1 coming up after losing the first test. In the West Indies, I would put it down to poor team selection esp in the third test. Trott should have been dropped for Adam Lyth, and Adil Rashid brought in for Moheen Ali(Spinner) or Liam Plunkett (for pace) brought in for Chris Jordan!

Comment

Ah cricket that most genteel of sports, never been a lover myself, however this has nothing to do with the sport as such its to do with personalities and the very unprofessional conduct of a world renowned governing body, individuals in all walks of life make mistakes and act like pillocks that's to some extent human nature, its up to the management how they deal with it, making deceitful suggestions that he could return if he scored well in county cricket is not one of them, setting aside personalities surely you pick the best and in form players

Gordon

Comment

My view I just stuck on FaceBook:

While IMHO Pietersen can be a complete prick, I do think he's been misled here. Told to go and get runs he signs for Surrey instead of a lucrative period in the IPL. Then he scores 355 for Surrey only to be told he's not in England's plans at the moment. No one seemed to deny the starting point, go and get runs, when it was reported but now they're saying he wasn't misled?

Pietersen has every right to be hacked off about this and the ECB really need to be held to account for how this has been handled. Disgraceful.
                EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Very hard to see the truth of the situation from the outside when both sides are pointing fingers. Always liked Pietersen as cricketer but can be controversial which hasn't won him any friends in the cricket circle.

Ian, sometimes cricket can be a bit pedestrian but compared to snooker its positively exciting.
                  Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I have said that the current treatment of KP by the ECB and the treatment meted out to Peter Moores is totally disgusting to say the least. I cannot say any more on that point.However the selection of KP (apart from the false hope given to him by Graves- totally wrong) was mainly on a matter of trust. Cricket is a team sport like soccer and everyone has to pull together if you wish to win anything. I am sure if for example a Man U player sent derogatory texts about the manager to.say, a Man City player and if found out, would certainly have been disciplined & transferred out ASAP. I would also like to add that KP has not been scoring runs of late- his last Aussie record is nothing to talk about. His recendt 356 not out was on the back of 5 missed chances. That doesn't say that KP is a brilliant batsman. I always look for a chanceless innings. I have to agree with AS on this matter, despite all the media hype that is going on. I am reminded here about a brilliant,young, assistant finance officer in a public sector organisation who was trusted and given the authority to sign cheque requisitions in order to pay the creditors. He was one of 3 other asst finance officers given this authority. This chap set up a bogus creditor to whom several payments were made, running into thousands of pounds. The cheque requisitions to this bogus creditor was signed by this asst finance officer. He was caught out by a junior officer who queried an error on the requisition which then led to a trail leading to this chap. This chap was a brilliant accountant having won first place and a gold medal in his accountancy exams. He was of course sent to prison- the open one at that!
                    Hence IMHO brilliance and trust are two different things.

Comment

Working...
                    X