Its a whopper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a whopper!

Thought I would post this here as its more a pub bragging topic! Not a great photo, too far away with the wrong kit so a huge crop, but saw this as walked around the lake at Blenheim yesterday. I bet the photo the second chap is taking is now pride of place!

Its a whopper! by Andrew Bird, on Flickr

With pike this size in the lake it could explain the lack of young Grebes!!
    Andrew

Re: Its a whopper!

and I though I was going to see a burger ;o)...been ages ...bloody diets ;o(((

you know I like that shot and whilst I'm not taking anything away from the fish he's caught I think you've got a half decent pick - really like the way the ripples are working outwards

So did he throw it back in ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian, yes I liked the ripple which is why I cropped it that shape. It did get returned to the water and eventually swam off. To be fair to the fisherman they had the right gear to lower it back in (well it look right to non fisherman) and spent time letting it recover. It was out of the water quite a while but seemed to survive the experience.
      Andrew

Comment

Well spotted Andrew

Tom

Comment

Yes, well spotted.

Bill.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks for looking guys
            Andrew

Comment

Thanks for sharing Andy. It is a whopper alright!
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

That's a good shot Andrew, well spotted. The pike is a nice one, hope they can still count all of their fingers!
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thanks Nat, something a bit different.

Thanks Alan, I think it was a close call as it was the commotion and cursing that drew my attention!

I am always amazed by how much detail the camera records even when you have the wrong lens attached.
                  Andrew

Comment

Well spotted Andrew glad they returned it to the water
                    Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
                    EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Working...
                    X