Inconsiderate Bl**y Dog Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsiderate Bl**y Dog Owners

This really makes my blood boil and I am sure that EOS dog owners would act responsibly if they took their dog for a walk on a nature reserve.

We were at RSPB Arne this morning shooting the sika deer, when on a pathway around 50 metres away were a group of "mature" adults with two dogs neither of which were on a lead. One of them seemed reasonably well behaved but the other, on spotting the deer chased off after the deer towards where we were standing and not one of the adults made any effort to call the dog back and ignored our shouts. The path is a circular one and we bumped into them again 20 minutes or so later and the dog was still off the lead and we watched as it chased yet another deer. All around the reserve are signs clearly stating dogs should be kept on a lead and even without, surely it is common sense when wildlife is around. Anyway our protests were just met with abuse although when nearly out of sight one owner did put the lead on. Needless to say we reported them to the wardens

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Inconsiderate Bl**y Dog Owners

I have to agree with Stan on this. It is something that does annoy me. One must however be very careful in today's climate to remonstrate with strangers in case they pull out a knife or something. I think you got off very lightly there. I would have taken some photos of the dog/dogs (& the individuals) chasing the deer and sent them to the Warden & Council. I am sure with all their modern technology the "powers be" could have got at the culprits.
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 14-01-2016, 16:17.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

yep we used to have the same at conway ,theres now a keypad operated gate on the coastal path ,but saying that just before xmas i was at burton mere and a bloody cyclist appeared from the middle of the marsh which is a couple of miles from the nearest road

Comment

I am sure Jeff remembers the girls with the dogs,when we were at the Wirral high tide spectacle. The dogs chased the Oyster catchers away!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Trouble is that there is not a lot you can do about it on a public beach where dogs are allowed out of season - its like that at Avon Beach locally but it is a different matter on a dedicated wildlife reserve, especially then there are loads of clear notices

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            Trouble is that there is not a lot you can do about it on a public beach where dogs are allowed out of season - its like that at Avon Beach locally but it is a different matter on a dedicated wildlife reserve, especially then there are loads of clear notices

Stan
            Agree on a public beach dogs should be allowed to run around after all they are animals too and most of the time are on leads so its there bit of freedom, but when in a location where dogs are supposed to be on leads then yes, sadly these people that don't follow the rules spoil things for other dog owners, probably the same type of group that don't pick up either!!
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Very true but this was just at a particular time when the tide was just coming in and with it all the Waders/Oyster Catchers & the girls and the dogs arrived as well and the dogs were allowed to "catch" a Wader!!!!!! I wouldn't mind if this was after the tide had gone. It would appear that the girls were waiting for the tide to come in before they spoit it for a lot of us who had been waiting patiently for the high tide to come in.

Comment

Dogs are banned from the main beach at Burnham-on-Sea all year round and on one part of the seafront are only allowed on the beach area between October and April. It seems to be pretty well observed.

There are loads of places where signs that say "All dogs must be kept on a lead" seems to result in their owners literacy level suddenly dropping. A roughly similar effect to that on cyclists where "No Cycling" signs are concerned.
                EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
                  Dogs are banned from the main beach at Burnham-on-Sea all year round and on one part of the seafront are only allowed on the beach area between October and April. It seems to be pretty well observed.
                  Same here Andy but its only Dec - Feb. And should the police see you its a €100 on the spot fine, if you don't have it you'll be taken to a cash point, no cash you have to phone the wife to collect you from the station, funny we get very few walking dogs outside of the allowed time ;o) ...

Its a great shame UK police don't enforce similar rules when people break the laws regarding where dogs can be let off leads and bike riders !!
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                    Its a great shame UK police don't enforce similar rules when people break the laws regarding where dogs can be let off leads and bike riders !!
                    That it is.
                    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Annoying that it gives a bad name to those of us who are responsible for our dogs. Regardless of the rules of the area, we should take responsibility for them and not allow them to interfere with others, nor chase wildlife.
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by planetc View Post
                        Annoying that it gives a bad name to those of us who are responsible for our dogs. Regardless of the rules of the area, we should take responsibility for them and not allow them to interfere with others, nor chase wildlife.
                        Agreed. This is definitely a case of the few spoiling the reputation of the many.

Comment

Some people have no respect for wildlife or others enjoyment. There was recently an attack by two dogs at our local RSPB reserve killing many sheep and causing mis-carriages of those in lamb.

Bill.
                          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                          X