Remember these signs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember these signs...

...And how they were a life saver, even if the film was inordinately expensive when bought from a kiosk.

Kodak! by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Thank goodness for memory cards! Don't know what happened to my collection of empty film capsules - you know the little black or semi-transparent containers the film cartridges came in!

Best

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Remember these signs...

Yes, those handy little containers; I still have and use quite a few of them.

Comment

I've still got a few with Film still in, don't know how good the film will be now! Bought a big pack in 2006 when I went on holiday with my 50E and newly bought 30D. Used the 30D the whole time, and only put one roll through the 50E.
      John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Yes, it is sad to think that they were the ones that invented the 1st Digital camera and didn't know what to do with that technology because they were a film company.

Comment

Originally posted by jk224 View Post
          I've still got a few with Film still in, don't know how good the film will be now! Bought a big pack in 2006 when I went on holiday with my 50E and newly bought 30D. Used the 30D the whole time, and only put one roll through the 50E.
          I have a few unused ones as well...

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          Yes, it is sad to think that they were the ones that invented the 1st Digital camera and didn't know what to do with that technology because they were a film company.
          That was a set of very myopic directors! So sad. They had a big office in Hemel Hempstead near where I used to live, but now they have totally disappeared from the area.
          Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

My friend found one of those containers glued to the arm of an imported aircraft on the fuel quantity transmitter replacing the float!!!!.

Needless to say it was leaking, so giving spurious readings, hence why he was investigating it, and no he replaced it.
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
              It may have been less about not knowing what to do and more about not wanting to compromise their core business, film. As it is, from Wikipedia it seems to the story wasn't just one mistake but a whole raft of them... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak#Shift_to_digital
              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
              X