X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another of my boring view but...

... this one was shot with my new (to me) 5D3

2K9A4369 by John Leah, on Flickr

Shot twenty minutes after the postman's knock (and it took ten of those to fight my way through the impressive wrapping) so settings are as received. Also it was dull and raining so not the best for photography but passable I think. Is it any better than my 7D? Too early to say but I will be doing some comparisons.

The flat sky did reveal a couple of dust spots (removed with the Spot Removal tool in LR) but a little sensor dust was known about so not an issue.

Cheers,
    John

Re: Another of my boring view but...

trust me its leaps ahead of the 7D ...one thing you'll soon see that going to 3,6,10k ISO is a breeze
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Looking good, glad it arrived OK, the 7D I sold on behalf of my old friend disappeared into the Royal Fail Special None Delivery service on the 26th of last month on its journey to the Heathrow International depot, shame really as the buyer lived in Bristol
      Then after filling out all the claim stuff it arrived this morning at Heathrow after 9 days on the road and was on its way to Bristol, so fingers crossed he may or may not get it tomorrow, not bad for a next day delivery service.......
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks folks

No such trouble with this one... sale ended Wednesday, posted yesterday "signed, next day before 1", arrived today just before. Exceptionally well wrapped and in very nice almost 'as new' condition. It came with a grip and remote too

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
          Thanks folks

No such trouble with this one... sale ended Wednesday, posted yesterday "signed, next day before 1", arrived today just before. Exceptionally well wrapped and in very nice almost 'as new' condition. It came with a grip and remote too

Cheers,
          John
          We expect great things form you now, even greater than those you have stunned us with before
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Oh Tony, kind words and as much as I like a challenge it's at times such as these that a favourite saying of Dirty Harry's comes to mind: "a man't got to know his limitations". Will there be an improvement? Time will tell but with FF and L glass it's not likely to be the equipment that's at fault

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Enjoy your new toy! You will never pick the 7D up again - mine sits there waiting for me to fall out of love with the 5Diii...
              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Congratulations John.

Bill.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Richard and Bill

I do wonder about the 7D; should I keep it? Will I use it as a spare? Will I make use of the extra reach? Or extra FPS? I somehow doubt it so I probably will sell both it and the 15-85 and put the money to better glass.

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Enjoy the camera mate

Comment

Have had a 5D3 for some time so my 60D never saw much action but have recently added a 7D2 for extra reach and higher burst rate.
                      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks folks

Cheers,
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X