Garage Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Project.

Mrs C looks at women's magazines and I know when she is "locked on", it is going to cost me a lot of time and money to satisfy her need for the latest home improvement, refurbishment, or extension. Of course I attempt to counter by ignoring, or "I am far too busy" ............ it is the manly thing to do, but I know that in the end I will bend to her will and just follow instructions.

This time it got serious very quickly. From being "locked on", her laptop came out and she was researching stuff on Tinternet. I went into my vegetative state of ignoring her, but with a firm instruction to look at this, my willpower wilted and I reluctantly turned my head in the appropriate direction. Flippin heck! She was looking at Garage Storage. My instinctive reaction was to punch the air and shout yes, but I managed to stop myself just in time. If I appeared too interested, it would probably die a death, so I feigned medium interest and let her lead the project, but I came up with the design in Photoshop.

Now I should point out that my garage is quite a nice size. Standard width, but around three times normal length, so it's bikes and scooters at the front, then my classic car and then my workshop. My workshop was catered for with some MFI kitchen cupboards and worktops that must be around 35-40 years old and probably should have been replaced at least 10 years ago, so the timing is pretty good, before the cupboards just quietly disintegrate on their own.

I am well on the way now. Old stuff junked, walls painted, new floor about to be laid and re-vamped electrics next week. Then it's just order the units and fit them. Life is full of surprises!

Garage Storage 8 by colin cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Who's a very lucky boy then!
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

There was me thinking you were going to include a photography studio.

Comment

Can you offer any tips Colin for us lesser mortals on the site, on how to Woo them over. What are we looking at, Dinner out at her favourite restaurant, Red roses, Favourite perfume, Just mentioning she does not look a day old than 25.
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice one Colin I hope you get to spend many happy hours in the revamped Man Cave.
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
            Nice one Colin I hope you get to spend many happy hours in the revamped Man Cave.
            Well, on the subject of man caves: there was an advert on the TV for a coffee machine (Mrs C doesn't drink coffee) and I mentioned it would do well in the garage ............. next to the beer fridge. I got "the look". The one that cowers grown men, children run indoors and dogs back away with their tail between their legs.

So, as the coffee machine was off the agenda, the beer fridge wasn't even going to get a look-in, I thought it expedient not to mention the Bose sound system.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
              There was me thinking you were going to include a photography studio.
              Been there, done that.

It gets used all the time at first, lots of exciting projects and family portraits and then over a period of time hardly gets used at all. Whereas my workshop, I am tinkering or repairing something all the time, even with rubbish cupboards and worktops. Onyx worktops? How early '80's is that

Colin

Comment

Looks great Colin, only problem is keeping everything clean and in order.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                X