Sometimes technology tests my patience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes technology tests my patience!

I’ve been having a beast with my Win10 PC recently. Firstly there was an OS update that took forever to download/install to then fail! My internet has a 200 Mbps connection so I was concerned at the time it took for the update to download. Now that same “failed” update doesn’t show as being available to download.
    That was the first hiccup, sometimes I may wish to print something (an email for example) off my phone/iPad without having to power up the PC, I’ve previously never had a problem with doing this type of print. However when I tried to print like that yesterday, I powered up the printer and was concerned that not only did the printer switch on but so did the PC!
    whilst this surprised me, I was more concerned that whilst the printer could switch on the PC it couldn’t be connected as an AirPrint from my phone/iPad.
    I decided that rather than tear my hair out I would just have a beer, did I do right?
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Absolutely!
    Been there, done that and got the t-shirt.....the updates and Win10:are currently trying my patience to the limit so I’m considering switching to MAC.
    In the mean time beer wins.
    Rose

Comment

200 Mbps!!! mines down in single figures and no mobile signal whatsoever where I live.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Windows is messing up big time. Wish I had moved to MAC. 200Mbps wow. Latest updates from Microsoft say they are sorting out the printer issue and slow computers.

Comment

I intend to delete the printer and then reinstall it using the original disks, when I remember which place of safety I put them in

As well as the printer woes the PC would restart after it was shut down, I managed to cure that by disabling “fast boot”. Apart from these issues I’ve always found Windows 10 to be a stable operating system. Mind you I did enjoy the beer
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I suppose if all else fails in terms of taming the technology, you could give the computer a beer.
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I suppose that if all else fails in terms of taming the technology, you could always give the computer a beer!
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
              X