Story time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Story time

I was not sure where to post this, and in the end decided this was the best fit, so here goes.

Today was the first time I have logged onto the EOS Magazine Forum for two - three months therefore this afternoon and evening I have been playing catch up and looking at the photographs which have recently been posted. The images are great and I have found that so many of them tell a story; in fact two or three seemed to blend together that a part of a story suggested itself to me.

I cannot post the relevant images here to make the story easy for you to follow, all I can do is provide the references.
    As you read please look up photographs; I hope you can follow my thoughts and gloss over any inconsistencies you may spot! - it is simply after all a made up story.

(you will all probably think that I have been away too long from actual camera work )

The story starts here............

The previous days hike had been an arduous one over difficult terrain, finally, however after the sun had set the adventurers arrived at the coast to be greeted by the moon shining over the water (Moonlight by Farider / landscape / 23 Aug). They had been lucky enough to find some accommodation that night rather than their tents put up in a hurry before the rain storms came and they gratefully headed for the welcoming blue door (Number 1 by El Sid / Architecture / 18 Aug).
    Following a restful night the group were able to catch a local train which would help them reach their destination quicker so it was with glad hearts they boarded the train (The Royal Duchy Tour by Colin W / Transport / land 22 Aug) which steamed away to the village where they had to alight.

It was but a short walk from the train and through the village to the local church and then they made their way with some trepidation through the churchyard (Bosham Churchyard by El Sid / Black and White 24 Aug) and into the forest beyond. Where the adventurers had thought it would be pleasant, they were mistaken; although the sun glinted through the greenery full of promise the trees were twisted and lived alongside menacing overhanging boulders (Filtered Sunlight by Kevin L / Landscape 24 Aug).

Some relief of the gloom was granted to the travelling party by clearings in the forest where they were able to glimpse some of the bird life which they had heard singing cheerfully as if to give the group heart (Wren by Trev / Nature / Birds 29 Aug).

The forest was not in a forgiving mood and soon reminded them of the hazards which they would face in daring to cross its boarders, trees threatened their very paths and their footsteps in trying to trip them at every available opportunity (Shadow Tree by El Sid / Black and White 18 Aug). Trees led them astray into the paths of wide flowing rivers which were impossible to cross laden as the group were with supplies to last them (The River Garry by Daisy M / Landscape 21 Aug).

At last our intrepid adventurers broke free of the trees, only to find themselves under storm clouds threatening a deluge (Clouds by ColytonJohn / Landscape 24 Aug).
    Quickly they hurried on as fast as possible over hills and under the clouds until at last the group reached the moorland with the very first of the Way Markers they were seeking; as the sunset that night camp was set up gladly. (Standing Proud (posted under the title Moorland Setting Sun) by ST-EOS / Landscape 19 Aug).

THE END.

I hope this has provided some light relief and I trust in your indulgence in this posting of a different way to view your excellent photographic work.

Rose

A very different and and inventive way of threading a lot of pics together Rose, not something that I would have thought of doing at all. Full marks for inventiveness an imagination. Well done, it’s good to see something totally different.

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Hi Rose I echo Ian’s comment above
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

You are certainly on the mend Rose, writing like this is a great way to 1/ link the different shots and 2/ bring you back in “ the fold”. Maybe you should write a storyline and locate the photos to go with it & put it on the pub for us all to enjoy.
        Dave

Comment

That is a pure work of art Rose, well put together.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thank you Ian, Trev, Dave and Bill63 for taking time to read my efforts and you kind comments, much appreciated.
            Rose

Comment

Very creative and definitely a different approach.
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thank you Nigel for taking the time to read the story and your kind comments.
                Rose

Comment

Working...
                X