Windmills / Turbines. Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windmills / Turbines. Yay or Nay?

Originally, i was fascinated by them but increasingly becoming "scunnered" (Scottish for extremely dislike)

i work in remote areas on high ground (NI) and so im taking pictures of the area. can barely get a shot without one in it and can’t get a decent shot of one either.. go figure.

L. Bradan Windmills by Steven McNeill, on Flickr

Do you Love, Hate or indifferent to them?
    Last edited by Glezga; 11-08-2023, 14:03. Reason: sp
    Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

I was approached about these - the chap spent less than two minutes on my doorstep
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      I was approached about these - the chap spent less than two minutes on my doorstep
      Now that sounds like Trev!!
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

It's the price of not using fossil fuel I guess...

There's a couple of windfarms off the coast round my way but they're quite a way out and so a lot less obvious.
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post

Now that sounds like Trev!!
          The one before wanted to put a phone mast up
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Intrusive monstrosities that spoil the natural landscape, but apparently needed to help protect the climate.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Before:

bef by Steven McNeill, on Flickr

After: Ha Ha :)

aft by Steven McNeill, on Flickr
              Steve

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Good work on editing it out.
                I'm gonna be that guy though and say I actually prefer the image with it in .

I'm indifferent to wind turbines, I live in the country, and have a few near us, but they don't bother me in anyway, I walk past them and are more amazed by the sheer size of them

However a vintage windmill, that's a different story, they're beautiful and make lovely images

Comment

Lol. I was the same at first, when we got our first local(ish) windfarm, about a dozen or so in a valley by the sea. I was very impressed at the size and dramatic views; the logistics and engineering was/is amazing.

The first image above, if you look closely has 20 of them and there was another 9, to my left, right and behind me. And no other man-made structure, other than rustic sheep shelters and single-track roads.

They are absolutely everywhere here.

There is one farm low in a valley beside a main mountain pass. You can barely see them in low light. During dawn/dusk at eye level when moving up the pass, all you can see is the ominous red pulsing lights and – looks (and feels) like a scene from war of the worlds!
                  Steve

Flickr

Comment

I guess some of our ancestors might have said the same about the first wooden ones that went up, we have what will apparently be Scotland's largest farm off our coast, Seagreens will stretch for nearly 20 miles
                    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

When I 1st visited this site -there were 4.

Altahulion by Steven McNeill, on Flickr
                      Steve

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X