Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be your ideal next camera equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be your ideal next camera equipment?

I recently posted a photo of a framed pic and asked how I could eliminate glass reflections.
    Members suggested a polarising filter or a photographic tent, both of which I would need to save money for.

That made me wonder, if money was no object what item of camera equipment or camera would you purchase and why?

My choice would be a polarising filter as I think this would be most use in a wide variety of situations. Being greedy I would also like a 600 lens!

Rose

For me a shift lens (Canon 17mm), but my Yorkshire upbringing stops that .

Comment

Rose, I may be reading this wrong. Are you talking about reflection from the glass in the frame, if so you can get non-reflective glass. My wife frames some of her tapestries and always gets them to use non-reflective glass.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Oh Rose, that could be a long list of stuff

For me I'm really wanting some sort of lighting though. For all my photography I've just managed with the light available to me, but lately I've wanted to do some product photography and I'm limited to what lights I can use. I have a little pop up studio that is about a 12" cube with LED lights in which is great, but I'm limited to what I can fit in there.

Recently I was at a portrait session that Wilkinson cameras had put on and they had this amazing lighting kit that I want. Comes with 2 flash lights with stands, batteries, soft boxes, transmitter and a travel case. RRP £700 the deal they were doing on it is £399 right now. I've been offered a really good price to trade in my old Eos 3 film camera and would leave me with about £150 to pay on the lighting set up. But I'm struggling to decide if I want to trade the camera in as don't use it but they're going up in value (it was also once a family members

So for me if money was no object it's either this lighting set up or some form of speed light and a backdrop. Although right now if anybody was selling inspiration and motivation I would buy that from them as I'm in a real photography funk at the moment, everything im taking just doesn't look anything like what Im seeing and that's IF I find something to photograph.
        Last edited by NathCarr91; 10-09-2023, 20:08.

Comment

Working...
        X