What Could It Mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Could It Mean?

Couldnt resist taking this. I’m assuming this sign is asking locals to drop roadkill at this point, or I’m hoping that’s what it means. I can’t think of another reason. And…. The last “d” in DEAd – adds a bit of creepiness?

Steve

DEAd.jpg

Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Maybe a disgruntled farmer or animal rights person put it there. It is clearly an electricity pole with a cable running down. As a former electricity industry emplyee there are a couple of issues - firstly the risk of nailing/screwing into the cable (hence the danger of death sign) and secondly attaching anything to a pole is not permtted (by law as far as I recall).

But I agree, in isolation as a photo it is a bit creepy.
    ---------------------
    Ian C.

Comment

If anyone, public or farmer is disposing of animal carcasses there it is illegal under environmental health regulations.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Is there a 'stink pit' there......just reading Chris Packham's book and it refers to these. Illegal as Trev says....and they pollute groundwater etc
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

well. I now hope its not what i thought. i actually work for the water board, its why i was there, testing the local service reservoir.

I didn't get out of my van. Rolled the passenger window down and snapped. Its right on the border on N/S Ireland. Its very remote amd a single track road.

Im not actually supposed to be there. Its a shortcut that crosses border points and we dont have cross border paperwork etc.

Im intrigued now
          Steve

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glezga View Post

well. I now hope its not what i thought. i actually work for the water board, its why i was there, testing the local service reservoir.

I didn't get out of my van. Rolled the passenger window down and snapped. Its right on the border on N/S Ireland. Its very remote amd a single track road.

Im not actually supposed to be there. Its a shortcut that crosses border points and we dont have cross border paperwork etc.

Im intrigued now
            In that case this could be from a by-gone period !!!!!!
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I just had a quick google of “stink pit” so, I don’t think ill check this out in person. Probably not snares or traps for foxes etc but they do a lot of shooting at the borders here and you’d never know. I will kick this up to management – just in case it’s a pollution issue.

@trev I don’t think its that old or id have seen it before. I’m there at least 1x per week, its in what we call no mans land and really only used by farmers. In fact, id probably be better stopping anyone I see in the area and politely asking.
              Steve

Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X