Saturday is Baking day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday is Baking day

I've been a busy boy making and baking wholemeal no added sugar cakes and biscuits

16th March Baking Day by Jeff Cranwell, on 16th March Baking Day by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

What time is afternoon tea tomorrow - nice one Jeff, looks very nice, did you do it in the air cooker. I’ve yet to try a cake in ours still preferring the old conventional oven.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      What time is afternoon tea tomorrow - nice one Jeff, looks very nice, did you do it in the air cooker. I’ve yet to try a cake in ours still preferring the old conventional oven.
      Hi Trev,

I cook pretty much everything in the Airfryer these days .
      our oven is pretty much just a cupboard for baking tins and trays now .
      Once you get the hang of the reduced cooking times and temperatures needed it becomes a game changer. Well, it has for me anyhow .
      Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Interesting - a picture of Alternatives - three alternative sugars and an alternative baking method.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I’m in Trev's camp still using the oven, but it certainly looks as good as I can bake ( and I am an ex baker) , then to top it a couple of well composed shots Jeff.

Comment

Cheers Brian and David,

I am diabetic (but still like sweet things) hence the use of plant based natural sugar alternatives that don't spike my blood sugars. Same goes for using organic high quality wholemeal flour which has a much lower G.I than refined flours. So that explains the 'alternatives'
            The reason we have the flex drawer Ninja Airfryer is that it is big enough to cook large roast joints like a whole leg of lamb for instance. It also has the versatility of being able to divide the large drawer into two separate cooking zones. This allows you to cook at two different settings of temp/time. We just find it very versatile, cheaper to run and healthier, which is why the built in oven is largely redundant these days!
            I wouldn't normally post my food photos on here as I share them on a few diabetic forums and Facebook along with recipes etc. I usually take them on my phone but it was flat at the time so I picked up the 1DX and snapped a few. Thought as they were taken on the Canon I would stick them on here
            Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Oh yeah.
              The cake in the photo is a wholemeal date, walnut and almond cake

This is the wholemeal Blueberry and Lemon sponge I baked as well....Sorry, iPhone shot is this one !

16th March Baking Day by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
              Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X