Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Been doing some street B&W stuff

Paul

Excellent set. You're getting gooderer! Love the panned car, but at 1/30 you're loosing the wheels, but gaining a better BG! Try 1/160 - 1/320 too and see what you think. As it stands, the BG makes the image, and the car is sharp, so good technique.

Love them all. Mike
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

It is working well for you
      ef-r

Comment

Nice set Paul, I also like the old guy on the bench.

Ian
        Ian

Comment

So you "really don't understand composition", huh? Methinks your images tell a different story. Clearly you just have a natural instinct for it, because these are all great, and in different ways.
          Great timing to pick that moment in #1, when she looked, and she's in the perfect position between lamp posts. Can I ask if it was a long burst or did you just hit it?
          Great pan on #2, and I like the wheel blur, it adds to the sense of movement.
          The stillness of #3 is great. Yes, maybe tone down the background a tad, but the profile is spot on. So you are saying you didn't ask him to sign a model release form?
          And #4 is so touching. Ok, slightly contrived maybe with him looking away at that moment, but a great street shot all the same. Hope you bought a copy?
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
            So you "really don't understand composition", huh? Methinks your images tell a different story. Clearly you just have a natural instinct for it, because these are all great, and in different ways.
            Great timing to pick that moment in #1, when she looked, and she's in the perfect position between lamp posts. Can I ask if it was a long burst or did you just hit it?
            Great pan on #2, and I like the wheel blur, it adds to the sense of movement.
            The stillness of #3 is great. Yes, maybe tone down the background a tad, but the profile is spot on. So you are saying you didn't ask him to sign a model release form?
            And #4 is so touching. Ok, slightly contrived maybe with him looking away at that moment, but a great street shot all the same. Hope you bought a copy?

I took the cyclist shot as she passed. I had one of the focal points off centre to the left selected and waited till she got closer and just lifted and shot it. Her pose is like that cause she was going to change direction to get out the way. After the shot I dropped the camera to waist height and said sorry, I wish I caught the smile she gave me lol

Cheers everyone for commenting, but Glasgow is very smelly on a Monday morning when you have to avoid the pavement pizzas to get to work lol
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
              Cheers everyone for commenting, but Glasgow is very smelly on a Monday morning when you have to avoid the pavement pizzas to get to work lol
              Fair comment.....!
              Garry Macdonald on Flickr
              Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Good set all round Paul, but I do like the cyclist best, perfect how she flashed those eyes at you at the right second. B&W really suits this sort of photography, in my opinion anyway.

Regards Paul

Comment

Paul, some really great B&W images and as others have said you have caught "the moment"

Have you had a look at the Nik Software, especially Silver Effects Pro (which Tom uses quite a bit)?
                  Google now own Nik and the first thing they did was to lower the cost. Well worth having a play with as there is a 30 day free trial.
                  David

Comment

I do have Silver effect pro as a plug in for Cs6 when my dad got it for me. I have never used it.
                    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                      I do have Silver effect pro as a plug in for Cs6 when my dad got it for me. I have never used it.
                      Have a look at how it can be used on the many You Tube videos then give it a go.
                      You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can achieve.
                      David

Comment

Very nice
                        ef-r

Comment

Working...
                        X