Nik Collecction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nik Collecction

Thanks Patrick, must admit I thought I went OTT. I have a lot of learning to do with Nik, but with all the help on here, I know I will

Comment

I use Silver Efex (a lot!) and really like it. Have had a dabble with Tonality as well.

This is certainly a good place to learn.
      Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

Originally posted by Reevo View Post
        I use Silver Efex (a lot!) and really like it. Have had a dabble with Tonality as well.

This is certainly a good place to learn.
        Think I will try Silver Efex today, as got to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
          Think I will try Silver Efex today, as got to learn.
          Good luck!
          Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

my advice to you Dave is you do seem to be jumping around programs and only recently set up LR - I would invest some weeks getting to grips with that, then start looking at other software and learn that
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
              my advice to you Dave is you do seem to be jumping around programs and only recently set up LR - I would invest some weeks getting to grips with that, then start looking at other software and learn that
              Great advice Ian, I will do as it is better to get to grips with LR first then try the others

Comment

I used to use DPP as it came free with my camera (and I think it's free to download anyway) and it revolutionised my photography. With so many people using LR I bit the bullet and made the switch and it really is so much better than DPP and is so much more than just a photo editing tool as, after setting the keywords, the Library means you can find your images in seconds. OK, setting the keywords was painful but that's only because I had > 30,000 images to go through.

LR is very capable of producing good mono images too and I wasn't planning to use Silver Efex but, when it became free, gave it a try and was hooked as the presets do make it such a useful tool but, learn LR first

Cheers,
                John

Comment

I do have a bad habit of jumping round a lot, so I will learn more using LR for a while, then I will slowly move to another subject

Comment

Working...
                  X