Mountain Gorilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mountain Gorilla

Superb shot. I like it very much. Ruwanda is on my list. How far did you trek- something which I cannot do much these days, but I would love to see these wonderful animals.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

The metering for this looks more tricky than a wedding! Superb animal and very nice pose (he was posing, I suppose?) Was there an opportunity to use flash, and stop down the background brightness? They do say that gorilla catch-lights are very appealing.

Comment

Nathaniel
        When the location of the gorilla groups are known (the trackers locate the groups every morning before the tourists arrive) the headquarters grade them into hard, medium and easy. I have a damaged artifical knee that means my shin bone can move forward and backward if i'm not carefull and we went on a medium. This meant trekking upwards about 1000ft from the start point. The easy group is almost on the flat with gentle climb but can take longer to get to the gorillas. We saw our group within an hour.

Macro Meister
        I would say that if you wanted your arm ripped off you could try to use flash!! Its a definate no no and anyway we were on the move following our gorillas around the mountainside and wouldn't have had the time. We were really taking snap shots when we could.

Andre

Comment

What a cracking pic. Envy you the opportunity in going there. Good work in very difficult conditions.
          Cheers
          Treff

Comment

Working...
          X